Vice President, International Regulatory Compliance and Data Security
New York, NY
• Counsel business and technology teams on privacy issues in connection with the development of products, platforms, services and other initiatives involving the collection and use of personal information, with a focus on consumer data and related advertising and marketing use cases.
• Draft and negotiate privacy and data security terms for agreements related to third party vendors, advertising and marketing technologies.
• Assist in the counseling of digital properties, including consumer facing websites, mobile applications, and related internal databases with respect to privacy issues.
• Work closely with business, technology, information security, customer experience to establish relationships and deliver consistent, practical legal guidance and support.
• Track and advise on legal, regulatory and policy developments relating to data collection and use, tracking and analytics, advanced advertising, and related issues
• Review and assist in developing privacy controls with respect to privacy impact assessments, including privacy -related notices, policies, guidelines, standards and processes.
• Law Degree and member of US state bar in good standing
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with a law firm and/or corporate legal department advising on privacy matters
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience negotiating commercial transactions and counseling clients with respect to privacy and information security issues.
• In-depth knowledge of privacy laws, best practices, frameworks, and self-regulatory models in US and abroad, including data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach rules.
• Knowledge of advertising and marketing technology and privacy related industry standards such as the DAA, NAI, and IAB preferred.
• Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish business objectives.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong work ethic
• Good natured team player
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zo98-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.