Software Engineer, Java
Belfast, United Kingdom
Based out of our Belfast offices or working remotely within the UK or Ireland, the Platform Operations Engineer II will be a key member of our Platform Operations Team, helping to build and support the core infrastructure of the SportsEngine Platform services and products through activities and key responsibilities that include;
• Contributing to efforts that ensure the continuous and smooth running of the SportsEngine platform while serving a large volume of traffic.
• Leveraging Amazon Web Services to build highly available services for the SportsEngine infrastructure platform built on top of the EKS, RDS and EC2.
• Developing Infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform.
• Helping to foster a culture of cooperation, coordination, and continuous learning within the Platform Operations Team and with other Product Development teams throughout SportsEngine.
• Working closely with the SportsEngine Cyber Security Team to maintain and improve the security of the SportsEngine Platform.
• Contributing to and using our GitHub Pull Request-centered development pipeline as we continuously deliver value to our customers.
• Using tools such as NewRelic, Splunk and Datadog to monitor the health of the SportsEngine platform.
• Being an advocate for quality code and engineering practices that enable Continuous Delivery.
• Participation in a sustainable on-call schedule.
• 2 or more years of experience operating web applications in a Site Reliability Engineering, Web Operations, or Cloud Engineering capacity.
• A strong foundation in modern infrastructure practices and the ability to deploy and operate maintainable, scalable secure infrastructure.
• A team-oriented attitude and seemingly endless intellectual curiosity.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additional desirable skills & experience;
• Cloud Experience
- Experience with either AWS, GCP or Azure (AWS preferred)
- Deploying and managing public Cloud based applications
- Experience operating a CI/CD pipeline
- Ability to script automation in one of either Ruby, Python, Go, Bash etc
• Infrastructure as Code
- Some exposure to one or all of Terraform/Ansible/Chef
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvnk10-44-197-198-214-42 in your application.