• NBCUniversal is seeking a Paralegal to support the patent practice in the Intellectual Property legal department. This position offers a hybrid work schedule
• Work closely with VP, Intellectual Property to administer the NBCU patent program and maintain a global patent portfolio, including:
• implementing and tracking invention evaluation and review processes, and documenting patent committee review determinations
• coordinating patent filing, prosecution, annuity payments, and inventor awards
• interfacing and corresponding with domestic and foreign agents on patent filing and prosecution matters
• processing and cost tracking invoices for payment and reporting
• coordinating with inventors and outside counsel to collect information and documents
• maintaining and updating internal docketing system, and preparing reports and presentations for decision-making by legal, technology and business stakeholders
• managing migration of new patent portfolios to NBCU systems and processes
• Assist on key time-sensitive projects
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree and/or paralegal's certificate
• At least three years' experience as a corporate or law firm IP specialist or paralegal
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Experience and competency in USPTO rules and patent prosecution processes both nationally and internationally
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and patent database systems such as CPi and Anaqua
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively with a large volume of work
• Demonstrated initiative in achieving results and measuring performance
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to quickly and accurately create, file and keep records
• Proactive workload management skills, including timely prioritizing and completing competing projects
• Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing business environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp03yo-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.