We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to work and grow at the intersection of, media, advertising, and data science. We are looking for a self-starter who is proficient in advanced analytics/data science and optimization, who demonstrates critical thinking, problem-solving skills, strong communication skills, and the ability to work on multiple engagements simultaneously.
As the Manager, Measurement & Insights, you will have the exposure to cutting edge technologies and will work closely with advertisers, sales and planning, vendors, product teams, research and insights, and industry vendors, and you will play an integral role driving innovation across NBCU portfolios.
We don't have a typical day-to-day because every day is different! This list just gives you an idea of responsibilities:
• Work with cross-functional teams in all stages of the measurement lifecycle
• Conduct analysis using NBCU 1st party data, and or 3rd party data for audience targeting, measurement and optimization, including log-level and customer level
• Research cutting edge media measurement methodologies, run test queries on sample data and synthesize findings to senior leadership
• Explore machine learning algorithms, develop customized models, and deploy models to production
• Crunch, investigate and analyze various kinds of data across different data sources and use cases
• Manage various projects timelines, agenda, deliverables, analysis, findings etc.
• Partner with product, IT, client strategy teams and influence go to marketing or sales strategy of NBCU ad offerings
• Work with senior research leaders in evaluating measurement solutions, tools and data sources to understand capabilities and potential benefits to full funnel media measurement
• Collaborate across NBCU cross function teams on initiatives to support advertisers
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Math, Statistics, Economics, Marketing Analytics, Communications, Media or other technical or quantitative field (Master's degree preferred) OR related experience
• 3+ years' full-time, post-graduation work experience in data analytics, media research, or data science with ad tech company, digital entertainment company, advertising agency, media research provider or data analytics firm
• 1+ years' of experience leading a team, providing guidelines to junior analysts, managing multiple projects
• Proficient in R, Python, Spark, and SQL. Demonstration of independently accomplished data science projects from end to end including data manipulation, visualization, statistical modeling
• Experience of using data manage platforms, cloud databases (AWS, GCP, Snowflake, etc.)
• Experience of A/B testing, incrementality measurement, MTA (Multi-Touch Attribution), MMM (Media Mix Model)
• Experience of relational database and proficient to process big data using SQL
• Solid communication skills to work with internal stakeholders, external partners and advertisers
• Deep understanding of statistics concepts and machine learning algorithms
• Understanding of broadcast/cable, Connected TV/OTT and digital media landscapes
• Knowledge of cross-platform measurement across digital, linear, and streaming (including CTV/OTT, addressable TV, etc.) a plus
• Experience with Excel and dashboarding/data visualization
• Flexible, able to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a fast paced, results oriented environment, and aligning the interests of multiple stakeholders
• Involved in broader solutioning and thought leadership both internally and externally
• Self-starter who can perform independently and proactively while working in a collaborative team environment
Salary Range: $100,000 - 115,000, bonus eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy5nop-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.