Remote / Virtual
Olympic Cycling Statistician
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 1 - 2 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Olympic Cycling statistician will be an integral part of NBC's editorial team focusing on production of Cycling at the Games. Statisticians will work with talent, producers and researchers to help prepare information and relevant statistics, draw connections and generate ideas for each day's coverage of that sport.
• Work with analysts and play-by-play announcers to ensure they have the information they need for each day's coverage
• Quickly identify information needed on athletes during live or taped segments
• Coordinate with producers on notable storylines and statistics
• Identify trends or interesting notes relevant to events being shown
• Prepare for future days of coverage by gathering information relevant to what will be aired that day. This will include rider biographies, historical data, competition statistics, briefings to inform and educate production and talent, ideas for graphics, etc.
• Bachelor's degree
• Knowledge, interest and familiarity with Olympic Cycling and/or Professional Cycling. Knowledge of Tour de France and other international cycling events are a plus.
• Comfort with numbers and statistics
• Editorial judgment and fact-checking skills
• Writing Skills
• Ability to operate and communicate effectively in a high-pressure environment and produce relevant information with limited time
• Knowledge and passion of sports and production
• Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
• Willingness to work overtime, overnight hours, weekends
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Passion for Cycling and Olympic sports
• Ability to work effectively with a team
• Creative Spirit and ability to generate ideas that would interest a TV audience