We are Catalyst, NBCUniversal's award-winning international in-house agency.
We are a global team of passionate visionaries, creators, storytellers, thinkers and audience specialists.
We are the link between brands and premium audiences, redefining how and why to tell stories across multiple platforms and how to shape and deliver world-leading virtual, hybrid and on the ground, live experiences.
Constantly evolving, we combine innovative ideas, creative expertise, cutting edge technology and extensive data & insight, we bring dynamic brand experiences to life, connecting deeply with audiences and delivering unrivalled impact across the NBCUniversal + Sky portfolio for international clients.
Catalyst is looking for a talented and experienced Motion Graphics Designer to join our international team and produce kickass content experiences that wow audiences, impress clients and bring new dimensions to our storytelling.
Yes there are tight deadlines, multiple and often conflicting priorities and some challenging stories or concepts to deliver on. We need someone who feasts on, and can navigate through, that environment, that exhibits creative and team leadership, that inspires through their design, approach, collaboration and ideas, and loves seeing their work impressing folks.
We're looking for flair, a range of styles and a storytelling prowess that best suits our platforms that range across the news, financial, entertainment, lifestyle, travel and sport sectors.
• Create great stuff we're all proud as punch about - whether it be for broadcast, digital or collateral for our client pitches – working both independently and through team collaboration. And delivering it to deadline.
• Able to help direct or lead on the approach to projects and campaigns and the style, depth and other requirements best suited for the desired outcome – ie. How to be efficient and effective in a deadline and outcome orientated environment.
• Output ranges from fully animated storytelling solutions, clever data visualizations, graphic overlays, branding solutions, style guides/templates, typography and so on.
• Inspire colleagues with creative ideas, drive innovation and evolution within the team and beyond, and be active in how we define ourselves, our practices, processes, tools, technology and capabilities going forward.
• Excited and capable working across a variety of projects across a variety of categories for a variety of different clients with some client interactivity possible.
• Work with wide range of stakeholders across department from sales, brand strategy, trade marketing, data and event unit to develop and deliver engaging design solutions.
• Being interested in always trying to create better work. Is stimulated by solving problems and storytelling challenges through creativity, and using that creativity to make better stories.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Motion / Graphics Design / Animation and or significant experience in this space.
• Provide evidence of capabilities and impact via show reel / portfolio of work.
• Fluency in the usual Adobe suspects, as well as 3DMax, Cinema 4D and the like.
• Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of typographic best practice.
• Ability to visualize data and the written word and express/enhance the narrative in graphics/animations to achieve the editorial vision.
• Good organizational and decision-making skills, able to communicate clearly with the team.
• Experienced in high volume of work, tight turnaround deadlines and able to juggle and influence priorities.
• Able to operate fast and efficiently in a pressurised environment.
• Proactive in generating new and relevant ideas.
• Capable retouching and colour correction skills for still and moving imagery. (After Effects & Photoshop.)
• Display competency with digital video file delivery formats
• • Excellent communication skills. A high level of written and verbal communication in English.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pjq0-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.