At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Role Purpose & Responsibilities ()
The right candidate will be working at our state of the art technologically advanced media facility. Manage and maintain Dalet NRCS, monitor and maintain shared storage levels with a focus on quality control of ingested material. Communicate effectively across various departments as a liaison between field and studio teams. Ensure technical capabilities are being used to our maximum capacity and capability.
• Work with and administrate Dalet Galaxy NRCS
• Quality control of ingested material and manage files to maximize system efficiency
• Coordinate and ingest feeds
• Basic video & photo clipping
• Maintain video material that permanently resides on the online storage
• Educate users on standard operating procedures
• Responsible for live shots for broadcasts
• Ensure the technical expectations of the duopoly are clearly being met
• Troubleshoot system problems and escalate issues to the appropriate team members
• Basic Computer System Administration, monitoring media storage free space, restarting computer services and servers
• Punctual, regular and dependable attendance
• Promote & exhibit teamwork within a positive work environment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum three-year experience working in a fast-paced television broadcast environment, knowledge of newsroom automation systems, online storage, and computer languages or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of broadcast news workflows and technology: non-linear video control tools using postproduction software (Adobe Premiere), P2 ingest, video playback systems (harmonic) and file storage (Isilon), as well as transcoding of different video formats (Vantage transcoder)
• Understanding of video archive workflows and metadata creation
• Must have the consistent ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Multi-tasking and adapting quickly to change are necessary traits
• Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including production automation systems, newsroom editorial software, file transfer protocol and non-linear editing systems. Detailed oriented and computer proficient.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors.
• Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving. Ideal candidates must exhibit leadership qualities in a collaborative environment. Must be dependable, a self-starter and operate consistently with a high degree of accuracy. Must also be able to work independently without direct supervision.
• Excellent root-cause analysis and problem-solving skills
• Must be able and willing to work to work any 24x7 shift, willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice and be flexible with schedule changes. Must be willing to work in severe weather emergencies
• Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in television production or equivalent experience preferred
• Hands on experience with Dalet newsroom system or comparable newsroom systems
• Knowledge of control room production
• Working knowledge of the post-production process from media acquisition to playback for air
• Experience working digital media file formats, such as .MXF, .MOV, .DV, .PSD, etc., and file conversion
• Experience with satellite and cellular bonded technology
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, as well as other digital production software such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Vantage, Latakoo and file share systems
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish proficiency a plus
• Must exhibit strong leadership skills and lead with a positive example
• Must demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure, and think critically
• Self-motivated, highly creative, forward-thinking individual
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79mmq-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.