Digital Ad Operations Trafficking Specialist
New York, NY
The Advanced Digital Creative Partnerships teams at NBCUniversal is a team of collaborative digital experts representing One Digital Video, Apple News, YouTube, Snapchat, and Fandango. Our goal is to help our partners engage with high-value audiences by handpicking the very best digital experiences to deliver on business objectives. Advanced Digital is at the forefront of NBCU digital priorities developing out go to market strategies, client specific collateral, and opportunities to work across our entire portfolio. This is the ideal role for a digital marketer with a love for the media landscape and wants to be at the cutting-edge of the advertising marketplace.
This candidate will support and contribute to the development of our One Platform Digital strategy. In this role you will work directly with a team of Marketing Managers to assist in the ideation and proposal development for client requests (RFPs), as well as manage the execution and performance analysis of sold-through custom digital ad innovations and sponsorships. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the creation of and maintaining up-to-date marketing materials including category-specific go-to-market strategies, proactive packages, platform positioning, research, product recaps and case studies.
• Marketing Strategy: Synthesize brand advertiser client direction, sales strategy, cultural/market trends, and consumer insights into compelling strategic platforms that focus thinking and spark creative ideation
• Communication: Cultivate relationships, gaining trust and respect, and facilitate efficient, transparent communication with internal cross-functional partners: sales, network marketing, strategic partner liaisons, design, research, and content creative teams.
• Cross-platform dexterity: Develop and communicate ideas that stretch across platforms, leveraging them creatively and effectively in service of the idea, the client advertiser, and the consumer (linear, digital, mobile, social, VOD, second-screen, etc.)
• Pre-sale process: Attend media/marketing calls with brand advertisers and/or agencies to identify client needs, lead internal briefing sessions of cross-disciplinary teams, develop response proposals ensuring content ideas are purposeful, on-brand, and on-strategy, and pitch ideas succinctly & effectively
• Visual storytelling: Weave insights and ideas into compelling, coherent stories using PowerPoint and other desktop design applications
• Post-sale process: Oversee the execution of multi-platform campaign packages sold to brand advertisers by serving as a centralized point of contact and ensuring that all stakeholders are consistently informed and adhering to the terms of the deal
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Has high standards for work, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills plus solid attention to detail
• Team oriented; Ability to effectively take direction and apply learnings to everyday responsibilities; can-do attitude
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and creative writing skills
• Proven ability to partner effectively with team members from multiple organizational functions (e.g. sales, creative, research, production) at varying levels of seniority both internally and with external media agencies and advertisers
• Excellence at maintaining diplomacy, composure and effectiveness through written and verbal communication.
• Dynamic and effective presentation/public speaking skills.
• Comfort dealing with ambiguity and learning on the job
• A self-motivator who can take limited direction and produce tangible results tackling problems completely and with total ownership
• Ability to anticipate and accommodate needs, requests, and issues and develop options for paths forward when necessary
• Creative confidence and an ability to contribute ideas in a creative group atmosphere