VP, Premium Unscripted Development
Universal City, CA
• Universal Pictures International (UPI) is the International Distribution and Marketing division for Universal Pictures. In the United Kingdom, Austria, Spain, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, France, Russia, Korea, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, India and China, UPI directly markets and distributes movies through its local offices, creating campaigns and release strategies that respond to the culture and market behaviour of those territories. In other parts of the world, UPI partners with Paramount and Sony in the distribution of all three companies' films. Universal Pictures is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
• The Strategic Planning & Analytics (SP&A) team is a highly visible group that works closely with senior executives across UPI and the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group at a head office (Los Angeles), regional, and territory level. The group works along side other business units within UPI on a wide range of strategic initiatives, covering areas such as slate strategy, release planning, analytics, business development, systems & data, and box office reporting.
• The Manager of Strategic Planning & Analytics, based out of Los Angeles, reports into the Vice President of Strategic Planning & Analytics, and will play a critical role in supporting strategic planning & analysis activities across the international landscape. Specific projects will include analysis, modelling, research, and recommendations related to UPI's slate strategy, release planning, and business development initiatives.
• Film analysis for UPI development, greenlight, and budget support
• Release dating analysis to optimize release plans around genre, competition, and market capacity
• Presentations and overview reports for senior executives, filmmakers, and relevant stakeholders
• Competitive forecasts by title, territory, and studio
• Industry and title trends in the International landscape
• Analyses on territory health, market growth opportunities, and competitive threats
• International impact of new platforms, partnerships, and shifts in windowing
• Ad-hoc analytical support for the regional distribution teams in Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific
• Collaboration with the London SP&A team on analytical projects across multiple regions
• Cross-functional support on strategic projects across the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group
• Participation in the development and analysis of UPI systems, data integrity, and business intelligence platforms
• Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
Minimum 3+ years experience. Media and entertainment industry experience preferred
• Quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize large sets of data into cohesive takeaways
• Proficiency with analytical tool suites, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• The role requires superior analytical, strategic, and relationship skills. The individual must possess the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior executives to business unit managers and 3rd parties.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver high quality presentations
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Proven project management skills
• A thorough understanding of film and/or media market business models