The Manager, Publicity, Unit Publicist on ''Access Hollywood'' and Accesshollywood.com is responsible for all day-to-day publicity efforts for the LA based entertainment news magazine brand and programming.
ABOUT ''ACCESS HOLLYWOOD''
The 2020-2021 season of ''Access Hollywood'' marks the 25th year of bringing the biggest Hollywood headlines and celebrity interviews to viewers. Hosted by Mario Lopez, Kit Hoover and Scott Evans, along with correspondents Sibley Scoles and Zuri Hall, the Emmy Award-nominated, daily, half-hour syndicated program delivers the inside scoop on the latest breaking entertainment news. ''Access'' also delves into the latest true crime headlines with insight from leading experts, celebrates local heroes working to make their communities better, and speaks with the people behind the viral moments everyone is talking about.
• Actively pitch talent and show content to press outlets across all media platforms-traditional digital and social media, reinforcing and broadening media contacts and strengthening the brand profile.
• Identify clips and collaborate with producers & web team to create daily press blasts, press releases and other material that effectively informs the media and public of programming, interviews, and breaking news.
• Create and implement a press strategy and develop timelines to maximize the Access Hollywood's profile.
• Organize talent photo shoots and set visits as needed.
• Read and review daily production shoot reports / interview logs/transcripts, pulling out sound bites which will be disseminated to appropriate press outlets.
• Develop a clear and coherent plan on Access Hollywood's 'big event' coverage (Oscars, Emmy's, Golden Globes, Grammy's, Olympics).
• Work closely with digital producers and Accesshollywood.com teams to boost exposure of the shows' website and across all of AH social platforms.
• Develop topics for affiliate hits weekly.
• Compile weekly press coverage / press clips.
• Work with NBCU Awards liaison to identify submission clips and assets.
• Bachelor's Degree in either of the following: English, Communications, Journalism, Publicity or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years previous work experience in entertainment publicity; unit PR experience a plus.
• Willingness to work long hours and on some weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong relationships with entertainment press (traditional print press as well as online, blog writers and social media websites).
• Excellent communication and writing skills; writing samples will be requested.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of pop culture and social media/ digital / online / viral press.
• Must be a self-starter who can create a well thought out press plan for each of our talent, to maximize publicity, pitching traditional and non-traditional media.
• Strong organizational, leadership and customer service skills with great attention to detail.
• Must demonstrate a high quality of work performed, both accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to work successfully in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbj71-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.