Digital Operations Specialist
New York, NY
NBC Entertainment Digital seeks a highly organized Platforms Manager to oversee the daily operations of a portfolio of NBCE digital experiences across platforms including websites, mobile and apps. Working with a team of content writers, designers, photo editors, video producers and marketers, as well as social media and ad sales experts, the Platforms Manager will be guided by the head of the NBCE platforms team to create the best digital experiences for the shows and to attain key business goals. Knowledge of the latest digital and social media trends are a must and understanding of the television production process is preferred.
The winning candidate demonstrates the ability to simply get things done with a minimum of fuss, no matter what challenges swirl around them. Characteristics include strong writing skills, design taste, an extremely high standard of quality control, and the ability to tactically manage many competing requests effectively, all while contributing a positive team dynamic and culture. The Platforms Manager communicates and presents calmly, professionally and effectively to senior management, show producers and show talent.
• Under the direction of the head of the NBCE platforms team run day-to-day digital experiences for NBC Entertainment's programming across web, mobile, apps and TV Everywhere. Digital experiences include video, photos, editorial, promotional items, and sales campaigns.
• Work in concert with teams of content writers, designers, photo editors, video producers, and social experts to execute editorial strategies and create compelling new user experiences that capitalize on data. The data analysis supplied to the Platforms Manager guides and brings together the teams talents and expertise in the most effective and appealing manner.
• Navigate among executives and staff from NBC Digital and shows production teams.
• Leverage opportunities from NBC's shows and their extensive archive into rich content on NBC platforms.
• In conjunction with corporate legal teams and music services representatives lead research and cataloging of NBC archive material to forecast potential legal rights and clearances.
• Forecast how NBC s digital audience will respond to on-air content and make decisions to best populate all platforms accordingly.
• Collaborate with internal NBC Digital teams on overall strategy and communicate with shows production teams. Ensure consistent brand positioning and marketing messaging.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 3 years experience managing website, mobile, video, social and app experiences, as well as high traffic editorial, ideally for television shows.
• Expertise with content management systems like Drupal as well as command of products and tools including Word, Excel, Photoshop and HTML.
• Excellent editorial judgement and a keen eye for details.
• Strong writing skills. Able to generate SEO-centric copy for promotions, blogs, videos, photos and other content. Extremely high standard of editorial quality control.
• Thorough understanding of common web & interface conventions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yomq-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.