The Manager role supports the Media Research and Marketing Analytics team, serving as a primary contact for the NBCU Entertainment Marketing department regarding audience and viewership information and collaborating on multi-platform program analysis. This Los Angeles-based role will manage critical marketing attribution projects and assist with sizing/demo profiling of key campaign targets. This team is part of the larger Cross-Platform Insights & Analytics group, which provides program performance tracking, forecasting, business and brand strategy, portfolio optimization, and all forms of research-based guidance to functional areas across the NBC broadcast network plus six Cable Entertainment brands (Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, USA and Universal Kids).
• Conceive and execute analytics strategy for marketing performance measurement, managing partnership with various marketing attribution vendors and leveraging third-party and first-party datasets to determine optimal multi-platform media strategy for NBCU Entertainment Networks
• Work with brand strategy and media teams to identify and quantify audience targets for priority series campaigns, surface insights and collaborate on data-informed audience strategies
• Support the processing and reporting of on-air, cross-channel, paid and digital promotion data
• Partner with Information Technology, Measurement Strategy and Decision Sciences teams to develop advanced cross-portfolio data solutions
• Support broader Cross Platform Insights & Analytics team in analysis of multi-platform program performance and landscape trends (including TV screen usage, device adoption and growth, new and emerging services and technologies)
• Help contribute to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture at NBCU
• Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience focusing on analytics for an entertainment, technology or marketing performance company
• Well-versed working with Nielsen measurement and systems
• Experience working with external vendors and managing project timelines, particularly involving marketing attribution and/or tune-in measurement
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with all staff levels, providing research and data insights both verbally and in writing
• Experience with data visualization tools (specifically Tableau) and a passion for storytelling using data
• Familiarity with fundamental media principles
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including VBA/macros) and PowerPoint
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Exposure to additional syndicated research products (e.g., iSpot, comScore, Adobe Analytics) and ACR/marketing attribution partners (e.g., VideoAmp, Marketcast, Samba, etc.)
• Natural curiosity about data and strategy
• Superior mathematical ability
• Quick learner who loves to pick up new tools/software for reporting and analysis
• Experience extracting data and insights from database environments using SQL; proficiency in programming languages used for data analysis (e.g., Python, R)
• Passion for content (TV/Digital) past, present and future
• Strong organizational and time management skills
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d823nm-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.