Associate Counsel / Counsel, Music Business & Legal Affairs
Universal City, CA
This position will support the Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Security Department and USH Investigations as it relates to security operations and investigations in all applicable business ventures within USH and CityWalk.
• Plan, organize and direct crime prevention and investigative operations on CityWalk, and in the Theme Park, providing prompt resolution of security and investigative issues that involve entities associated with USH.
• Work with contract security ensuring continuity of security functions and compliance with USH policy and procedures.
• Prepare operational and situational reports to assist in security deployment planning and risk mitigation.
• Support continued growth and professional development of direct reports.
• Provide timely and accurate notification and documentation of incidents using company tracking tools.
• Provide investigative support for internal and external partners. Including but not limited to Human Resources, Legal, Labor Relations and Global Security.
• Maintain a liaison with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept. and other law enforcement agencies.
• Analyze and compile investigative and crime statics to present to leadership as well as other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of (10) ten years of experience in Security, Law Enforcement or related applicable security profession, with some dedicated investigative experience.
• Proven organizational, written and verbal communications skills effective at all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a 24/7 365-day operation.
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues daily.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18+ years or older and possess a valid California Driver's License.
• Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of California State Laws and Law Enforcement Practices.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of a variety of security technology systems.
• Knowledge of Social Media and Open Source Platforms for investigation purposes.
• Familiarity with alarm monitoring, physical security and weapons detection systems.
• Proficient with MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to multi-task, overseeing multiple projects at the same time.
• Availability and willingness to work/adjust schedules and work Nights, Weekends, Holidays, and special events dictated by business needs.
• Possess a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) Permit.
Possess a BSIS Guard Card and Exposed Firearm Permit
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro09p1-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.