Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
This position will support the Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Security Department and USH Investigations as it relates to security operations and investigations in all applicable business ventures within USH and CityWalk.
• Plan, organize and direct crime prevention and investigative operations on CityWalk, and in the Theme Park, providing prompt resolution of security and investigative issues that involve entities associated with USH.
• Work with contract security ensuring continuity of security functions and compliance with USH policy and procedures.
• Prepare operational and situational reports to assist in security deployment planning and risk mitigation.
• Support continued growth and professional development of direct reports.
• Provide timely and accurate notification and documentation of incidents using company tracking tools.
• Provide investigative support for internal and external partners. Including but not limited to Human Resources, Legal, Labor Relations and Global Security.
• Maintain a liaison with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept. and other law enforcement agencies.
• Analyze and compile investigative and crime statics to present to leadership as well as other duties as assigned.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $85,000-$110,000.
• A minimum of (10) ten years of experience in Security, Law Enforcement or related applicable security profession, with some dedicated investigative experience.
• Proven organizational, written and verbal communications skills effective at all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a 24/7 365-day operation.
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues daily.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18+ years or older and possess a valid California Driver's License.
• Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of California State Laws and Law Enforcement Practices.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of a variety of security technology systems.
• Knowledge of Social Media and Open Source Platforms for investigation purposes.
• Familiarity with alarm monitoring, physical security and weapons detection systems.
• Proficient with MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to multi-task, overseeing multiple projects at the same time.
• Availability and willingness to work/adjust schedules and work Nights, Weekends, Holidays, and special events dictated by business needs.
• Possess a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) Permit.
Possess a BSIS Guard Card and Exposed Firearm Permit
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7j3b-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.