The Manager, Digital Inventory – Sports will be a centralized point for forecasting, capacity management, monetization and yield across the NBC Sports Group digital properties (NBCSports.com, Golfchannel.com, NHL.com, Rotoworld.com and partners.) This position will work cross-functionally with site leaders, research, sales, ad ops, and planning, and will be responsible for overseeing the ad inventory forecasting, live-event monetization, inventory reporting, RFP support, and day to day management of the Sports Digital Inventory Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Define & enforce inventory management policies and procedures across the NBC Sports Group digital properties
• Manage staff of Inventory Analysts who review advertising proposals/revision requests for the efficient allocation of inventory (display and video on all platforms) and adherence to established pricing, packaging, discounting, and added value guidelines
• Own forward looking inventory reporting on all platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet, STBVOD, OTT); ensure data is clear and accurate, timely and useful to key stakeholders. Define new reports or sunset outdated ones as needed.
• Oversee creation and distribution of key inventory reports
• Forecast, monitor and recommend appropriate inventory levels for site sections where inventory cannot be reliably predicted (new sponsorship packages, new partnerships, event sponsorships, etc.)
• Work with Sales Planning team to develop creative advertising solutions that meet both advertiser goals and NBC Sports revenue targets/guidelines
• Partner with Sr. Director, Inventory to evaluate and implement any/all new inventory management tools and systems
• Maintain oversight of digital ad product catalogue. Recommend changes/updates and create new ad products in response to market demand
• Partner with Research, Finance and Site team contacts to develop, review and analyze bi-annual inventory forecasts during key budget and estimate timeframes. Ensure all inventory and traffic metrics are aligned
• Work with Ad Solutions team to identify areas where tags are not accurate and page views/video streams do not sync with impressions
• When necessary, handle escalations related to inventory utilization and pricing with the Analysts, Sales Planning and Sales Account Executives
• Share best practices for Inventory with Sr. Director and Inventory Managers for other Sales verticals.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in online media (4 years minimum) with specific experience in inventory, planning, operations, and/or yield management
• Knowledge of financial and operational principles specifically related to digital ad sales
• Knowledge of ad-serving systems (DoubleClick DFP, Freewheel, Operative One or other OMS)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. High proficiency in advanced Excel functionality (pivot tables, vlookups, macros, etc.)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Strong knowledge of the media business; Digital Media experience preferred
• Demonstrated success working on developing business initiatives or emerging departments
• Well organized and good attention to detail
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
• Strong computer skills especially in Excel, Power Point, and Word
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Ad Serving software and tracking knowledge a plus
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
• Attraction to continuous change and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a continuously changing environment
• Self-motivation and resourcefulness
• Passion for Sports
Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000; bonus eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5qek-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.