Social Media Editor
Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
The Manager, Global Brand Marketing, partners closely with the Senior Director of Global Brand Marketing to develop product and marketing strategies for home entertainment of the Universal animation slate.
In addition to working on global strategy, the Manager is responsible for the execution of product and marketing campaigns in the United States and Canada, collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve performance objectives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Product and Campaign Marketing
• Develop the Global Marketing Guidelines for Universal animated titles and distribute to all territories. Guidelines include: theatrical overview, home entertainment product strategy, positioning, media strategy, target audience and guardrails.
• Review theatrical performance (DBO, IBO, Exit Polls, Reviews, and Social Conversation) to refine and finalize the positioning and release strategy. Disseminate the North America strategic direction to the cross-functional Marketing teams (creative, publicity, digital marketing, customer marketing, promotions, digital distribution marketing).
• Create strategic media briefs and CWOs to guide the development of global marketing assets for global physical and digital platforms. Include legal, talent and filmmaker approval guidelines to all stakeholders.
• Assess North American physical and digital release dates and windowing strategies. Analyze risks and opportunities including competitive landscape, theatrical and home entertainment comps, historical performance, seasonality, and regression. Coordinate with the territories and HQ to address any exceptions.
• Develop the North American P&L, informed by financial guidance, and communicate approved budgets to cross-functional Marketing Teams. Ensure spends stay within budget.
• Collaborate with the Digital Marketing and Digital Distribution teams to manage North America digital marketing campaigns.
• Collaborate with external departments within the organization such as franchise development, games, consumer products, music and theme parks to develop cross functional campaigns based on key properties
• Coordinate with Digital Marketing on social media and influencer activations
• In addition to the animated film slate, evaluate release opportunities on non-theatrical animated titles, working with Domestic sales, international markets, technical operations and external partners to identify opportunities. Develop release plans accordingly.
• Serve as the central point-of-contact with the territories to ensure that business needs are met. Work with the territories to collect and analyze key post-release insights (what worked/didn't work) to guide future release strategies and recommend process improvements.
• Prepare filmmaker presentation materials on select titles. Work with cross-functional teams and international territories to gather information and produce an integrated deck / document.
• Continuously support and share best practices globally.
Retail Strategy and Customer Marketing
• Maintain expertise and industry knowledge of the physical and digital retail landscape.
• Align with North America Customer Marketing and Digital Distribution on retailer and digital partner requests for content, exclusive products, offers, and custom merchandising.
• Develop one-sheets to sell titles to partners.
• Additional Duties as Assigned
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum 3-5 years of project management, strategic planning, consumer marketing, analytics, and/or media planning experience with a demonstrated ability to proactively lead strategic initiatives at consumer-centric organizations.
• Strong strategic, creative and analytical skills with experience turning consumer insights into actionable consumer strategies
• Results-driven, self-starter with strong project planning and organizational skills; able to manage a high level of complexity with exceptional attention to detail
• Persuasive and influential with the ability to establish clear priorities and motivate cross-functional teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Thrives in a fast-paced work environment; adapts rapidly to changing information and can work under time pressures in a constructive and positive manner
• Embraces the NBCU values of ownership, pioneering spirit, teamwork, creativity, integrity and inclusivity
• Team orientated and collaborative
• Basic understanding of budgets and budget management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2v41-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.