Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world's most memorable feature films. The home of ET, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Miserables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Consumer Products International oversees NBCUniversal's consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, NBC Television, Focus Features and Sprout Channel. Universal Consumer Products International is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Universal Consumer Products International has been embarking on an aggressive growth strategy since 2016.
The primary focus of this role is to support the Sr Manager, Finance & Business Operations to design, build, and manage a financial planning, analysis, & reporting function for Consumer Products APAC, that is both:
• Fit-for-purpose for a start-up environment, focusing on areas that best support the group's aggressive growth strategy, and
• Scalable for the world-class organization that we are setting out to build.
• Support the Sr Manager, Finance & Business Operations to partner with business leaders to drive performance and execute business strategies
• Annual budgeting process
• Quarterly financial forecasting and pacing (quarterly closing)
• Quarterly license reporting of royalties
Examples of specific tasks (that one may be involved):
• Preparation of royalty revenue estimate analysis on a given APAC country to identify financial risks and opportunities
• Preparation of regional direct cost estimate consolidation to analyze variances versus prior cycle to be reported to global finance
• Supporting licensees with forecast and royalty uploading processes using internally developed internet-based systems
• Preparation of presentation slides for annual budget and quarterly reviews with senior management teams opportunities and risks on an ad-hoc basis
• Provide strong technical leadership, implementing best practices
• Process Improvement (financial & operational)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Relevant work experience (in a Consumer Products business or Global Media & Entertainment industry), in a finance unction
• Solid accounting background & technical expertise
• Qualified accounting skills (i.e., certified accountant, Mastery in business administrations) are plus
• Advance language skills in English (ability to facilitate small/simple discussions)
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to analyze large amount of data and information and report on relevant KPIs
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong communication skills – confidence & presence to interact with, and occasionally present to, senior executives
• Experience with system transitions and enhancement projects preferred
• Experience with systems such as SAP
• Advanced Excel skills
• Advanced PowerPoint skills, including ability to ''tell a story'' using PowerPoint
• A flexible, innovative, and can-do attitude that thrives in a ''start-up'' environment
• Excited about enabling aggressive growth and a world-class organization
• Sense of humor, with a commercial, pragmatic outlook
• Team player who influences & collaborates across multiple functions in a matrixed environment to achieve goals
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, assignments, & deadlines, prioritizing effectively under pressure
• Passionate about developing people and teams
• Ability to travel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp57q-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.