Manager, Corporate Strategy & Business Development
New York, NY
Exciting opportunity to work at the Entertainment Group, consisting of Bravo, E!, Oxygen, USA, Syfy, Universal Kids, NBC Entertainment & Syndication Studios. This role falls within the FP&A division of the newly formed Television & Streaming: Entertainment business unit. The Manager will report into the Sr. Director of FP&A, and partner with TV & Streaming HQ, as well as with peers across other TV & Streaming businesses. Responsibilities include assisting in P&L, Balance Sheet and operational finance management. This role offers the unique opportunity to learn all areas of the business: Ad Sales, Programming, Digital, Marketing, etc. while interacting with operating leadership and NBCU Finance leadership.
• Assist with overseeing financial planning, estimating and reporting processes including: reviewing the general ledger, consolidating the P&L, managing corporate files and templates, and putting together financial variance commentary.
• Direct management of Entertainment Group P&L, rolling over financials for each forecasting cycle and reconciling with the General Ledger.
• Partner closely with operational finance (ie: Original Programming & Acquisitions, Marketing, Digital, Research) to collect & effectively monitor financials, put together variance commentary and report to TV & Streaming HQ for all forecasting cycles.
• Oversee reporting & management for T&E and Overhead for all business units, and act as the primary point of contact for operators.
• Manage the SAP reporting system (Business Planning & Consolidation), partnering closely with the SAP BPC team in managing the backend system and ensuring its setup for each pacing & estimate cycle. Have ownership over loading estimates and financial variance commentary into the system.
• Take initiative and be proactive in identifying and implementing ways to further simplify, automate & standardize processes across all areas.
• Support team with invoice processing tasks, as well as managing the AP approval matrix.
• Contribute to presentations to NBCU Finance leadership & perform ad hoc analyses, providing insightful views into the channels' operations and financial performance.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
• 3+ years of progressive experience in Accounting and/or Finance.
• Strong analytical skills, process thinker, forecasting/planning skills.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to present effectively to audiences at all levels of an organization.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Self-Starter, can work independently and take initiative in challenging situations.
• General ledger experience
• Proficient with MS Office – particularly Excel & PowerPoint.
• Experience in SAP/BPC/Analysis for Excel.
• External applicants are encouraged to submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Willing to work in New York, NY.
• Willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Covered by Solutions- NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8501-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.