Director, Measurement Innovation
New York, NY
This role will manage the distribution strategy for tentpole events (Olympics, FIFA World Cup) and other network priorities across NBCU's various distribution partnerships with traditional and emerging online video distributors. You will be responsible for finding innovative solutions to drive video usage and engagement across a variety of platforms, models, and consumer access points. You will manage the requirements, execution, performance and profitability of projects, including project definition, justification, development and delivery. The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert and product champion, communicating across all key stakeholders.
• Drive multi-platform video performance and monetization through collaborative programming and product initiatives, successful project management, and active cultivation of internal and external partnerships.
• Responsible for strategic vision and rationale, definition of requirements, and cross-functional execution of initiatives
• Identify and define platform-based business opportunities in collaboration with all departments and levels within the company including Business Development & Sales, Networks, Operations, Finance, Ad Sales, Marketing, Legal, and Business Affairs.
• Utilize data insights, competitive analysis and market trends to assess fit, feasibility, and financial impact of product and partnership growth opportunities
• Drive projects from conceptualization to completion.
• Partner with Tech & Ops teams to ensure that product deployments perform in accordance with client expectations and content distribution rights, understanding legal context and contractual commitments.
• Manage forecast models to predict cross-platform video viewership for initiatives
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 2 years of partnership, product, business development, or network programming experience within media or tech industry
• Outstanding communication and project supervision skills
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups, including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Network, and Research leadership
• Ability to synthesize and translate complex concepts and messages for both business and technical audiences
• Entrepreneurial thinker with the ability to craft stories in PowerPoint around strategic initiatives and get stakeholder buy-in to drive projects forward
• Rich quantitative and analytical skill set
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Passion for developing and delivering high quality, content-driven experiences for consumers
• Tech-savvy with a strong conceptual understanding of digital media technologies; knowledge of relevant trends that could impact the organization's business short-term and long-term
• Excellent track record identifying product opportunities
• Experience converting business ideas and research into thoughtful and timely product initiatives with an emphasis on revenue and performance
• Proven ability to develop relationships at all levels with legal, technical, creative, and executive team members
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to fast changing business conditions