As part of the NBCU Enterprise Data team, the Data Scientist Manager will be responsible for comprehensive analytics, building and maintaining advanced audiences for NBCU brands and advertisers including, but not limited to developing audience machine learning models, analyzing test and learn campaigns, and audience development (sizing, planning, profiling). This role reports directly into the Sr. Director of Data Science. To succeed, the Data Scientist Manager is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work on multiple engagements simultaneously.
In this role, the Data Scientist Manager will work closely with business owners, teammates, external vendors and engineers to build out state-of-the-art audiences for NBCU brands and advertisers!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Continue to stay current on advanced analytical techniques while leveraging emerging technologies to advance the business objectives
• Develop machine learning models that will lead to insights and recommendations that in turn provide meaningful results to our business leaders/stakeholders
• Conduct randomized tests for determining the effectiveness of ad campaigns which includes applying best practices and standardization of business processes to maximize ad campaign effectiveness
• Develop targeted audience and segmentation analysis to maximize digital effectiveness and value
• Mentor and engage with data scientists at a variety of different levels of expertise and knowledge
• Document and collaborate with the engineering team to automate models in production
• Present results and recommendations to drive actionable results
• Advanced degree with specialization in statistics, computer science, data science, or other technical /quantitative field
• Hands on experience in statistical methods and machine learning with special emphasis on SVM, Gradient Boosting, k-means, reinforcement learning and multi-variate testing
• A minimum of 3 years of related analytical work experience
• A minimum of 3 years of managerial experience
• Experience in extrapolating large data sets through Cloud and construct analytics through R/Python (Databricks experience is a plus)
• Ability to be agile and adapt at a rapidly fast pace
• Deep functional experience in Digital/Advertising data is required
• Experience with full instrumentation process, from translating business goals to measure KPIs, data layers, QA to delivering insights to the business
• Strong analytical skills – ability to produce actionable research findings and communicate to internal stakeholders, and external clients
• Creative thinker and problem solder – ability to come up with new ideas and messaging concepts that meet current and future business objectives
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbebmx-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.