We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
This is an exciting role to work and grow in the intersection of ad tech, media and data science. We are looking for a self-starter who is proficient in advanced analytics/data science and has strong interest in advertising or media tech. You will have the exposure to cutting edge technologies and will work closely with product team, ad sales, research, industry vendors and play an integral part to drive the measurement innovation across NBCU portfolios. The Manager will report to VP of Cross-Platform and Currency Measurement.
We don't have a typical day-to-day because every day is different! This list just gives you an idea.
• Research on cutting edge media measurement methodologies, run test queries on sample data and synthesize research findings to senior leadership
• Supervises, mentors, and helps develop direct reports on appropriate career paths
• Plays a key role in running the operational day-to-day aspect of assigned area
• Initiates data investigations and analyze various kinds of data across different data sources and use cases
• Conduct log level analysis using NBCU 1st party data, and or 3rd party data from the Audience Insights Hub
• Utilize research tools (Nielsen, Kantar, iSpot, VideoAmp, etc.) to conduct media consumption analysis, competitive analysis, advertising campaign performance and create presentations with insights and visualizations
• Help Sr. Manager or VP to manage various test & learn projects (timelines, agenda, deliverables, analysis, findings etc.)
• Partner with product, IT, client strategy teams and influence go to marketing or sales strategy of NBCU ad offerings
• Proactively encourages and helps direct reports to continuously learn about industry and clients
• Work with senior research leaders in evaluating new research tools and other data sources/vendors to understand capabilities and potential benefits to full funnel media measurement
• Collaborate across NBCU Measurement & Impact teams on measurement projects, learning initiatives, etc.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $100,000 - 115,000, bonus eligible
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Math, Statistics, Economics, Marketing Analytics, Communications, Media or related field (Master's degree preferred) OR equivalent experience
• 2+ years' full-time, post-graduation work experience in data analytics, media research, or data science with ad tech company, digital entertainment company, advertising agency, media research provider or data analytics firm
• Understanding of statistics concepts and methods
• 2+ year of experience with SQL, R or Python, or demonstration of independently accomplished data science projects involving data manipulation, visualization, and statistical modeling.
• Understanding of broadcast/cable, Connected TV/OTT and digital media landscapes is a PLUS.
• Prior experience/knowledge in the ad-tech measurement space, data manage platforms, cloud databases (AWS, GCP, Snowflake, etc.) is preferred
• Self-starter who can perform independently and proactively while working in a collaborative team environment
• Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques and applications in media industry
• Knowledge of cross-platform measurement across digital, linear, and streaming (including CTV/OTT, addressable TV, etc.) a plus
• Knowledge of Multi-Touch Attribution, Media Mix Modeling a plus
• Flexible, able to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a fast paced, results oriented environment, and aligning the interests of multiple stakeholders
• Data processing and experience with data visualization tools (DOMO and Tableau) a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyjj2-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.