We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Global Customer Finance Operations Risk Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Risk Management functions including Customer Master Data records, Credit Policy, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Revenue Deferral, Risk Assessments and mitigation controls, and all other material risks associated with Accounts Receivable across over 100 NBCU Business Units. In addition, Risk Manager plays a key role in implementing process improvements, working alongside OTC Global Process Owners to drive forward transformation initiatives, optimizing BPO, ensuring performance complies with SLAs and driving effectiveness through a shared service.
The NBCU properties Risk Manager support includes but is not limited to: NBC Broadcast Network, NBC Local, Telemundo TV Stations, Telemundo Network, Universo, Bravo, USA, SYFY, E, NBC Sports Network, Golf, Oxygen, Universal Kids, Olympic Channel Networks, CNBC, MSNBC, Regional Sports Networks, NBCU Digital Media, Peacock Streaming, Universal Brand Development, Operation & Technology, Films, TV Distribution & Universal Parks.
• Support all aspects of the credit process and policy. Ensure a robust business process and working credit control practices are followed while establishing credit terms, limits, payment terms and customer vetting. Ensure that credit references, credit scores from Moody's, Dun & Bradstreet, BCCA and all other financial and market news related information are reviewed when credit worthiness is determined.
• Manage Risk Management Reporting. Bring customer and payment behavior data together to ensure optimal risk strategies and real-time risk profiling. Conduct data-driven analytics, utilizing various external credit analytical tools from third party's such as Moody's and Dun & Bradstreet to perform portfolio risk assessment and reporting and enable leadership team to implement proactive measures to mitigate risk while facilitating sales wherever possible.
• Manage Allowance for Bad Debt Process. Establish and monitor policies and procedures that will foster the company's potential to meet its sales and risk management goals. Monitor and assess active accounts to reduce or prevent bad debt losses. Perform bad debt pacing and other related reports to Corporate and Finance divisions FP&A. Execute month end bad debt reporting, prepare quarterly corporate submissions and reporting for bad debt top side adjustments and revenue deferral.
• Perform Blackline General Leger Reconciliation for bad debt and revenue deferral accounts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the general ledger and financial statements. Obtain necessary details of the general leger accounts, reconcile ending account balance to supporting documentation, investigate discrepancies, prepare adjusting journal entries if necessary.
• Manage GCFO Customer Master. Ensure core requirements for Know Your Customer (KYC) are performed as for the NBCUniversal MLP Guidelines. Conduct deeper assessments of new and existing clients to make sure specific risk controls are applied. Manage daily and quarterly Lexis Nexis Bridger screening process, collaborate with GCFO Process Owner to successfully implement one global standard approach.
• Manage accounts in collections and open bankruptcy to assure timely submission of legal filings and follow-through. Partner with NBCU Legal in defense of preference claims and other litigation issues.
• Oversee all applicable Credit and Risk Management documentation, compliance and provide audit support to both internal and external auditors.
• Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports, contribute to the development and achievement of departmental strategic objectives and improve cross functional processes and programs.
• BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
• 5+ years in credit or finance function
• Demonstrated background and knowledge of KYC Compliance process, credit rating, assessment of the creditworthiness of a borrower in general terms or with respect to a financial obligation
• Familiar with Moody's, S&P Global and Dun & Bradstreet rating models
• Knowledge of governmental regulations pertaining to credit accounts, credit scores, and collections policies
• Demonstrated analytical strength and process mindset – ability to identify and resolve key issues quickly
• Thorough knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Knowledge of SAP Customer Master Functions and Journal Entry's
• Demonstrates leadership skills, especially ability to influence and interact with sales executives and their teams
• Proven team player with the ability to take on different assignments/projects in a timely manner
• High energy and ability to multi-task
• Media experience is a plus
Key Application Information:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $80,000 - $100,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1xmpv-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.