Accounts Receivable Analyst
Universal City, CA
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. Universal Pictures International is the international film division of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, operating across 80+ territories.
The UPI Finance team play a key role in supporting the UPI SMT. It oversees a complex, multinational network of owned operating companies, licensees and JV's. The team will partner closely with other HQ functions, all UPI operating companies and corporate groups based in London and Amsterdam.
The UPI Finance team is committed to fostering development and engagement with all team members, and to supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture.
Planned job responsibilities are as follows but there may be some change as the team works through the optimal set up -
• Manage SFA position
• Key contact for OpCo finance teams on Controllership related queries
• Preparation, review & submission of quarter balance sheet review package and presentation to UPI CFO and Film HQ Controllership team
• Assisting the Director in driving controllership initiatives throughout UPI, by leading Balance Sheet Reviews with the OpCos, and improving processes and reporting
• Management account reconciliation scoping process
• Work with the FP&A team in identifying risks and opportunities impacting the P&L and Cash Flow, from balance sheet and working capital focus
• Contact for Participation, Deloitte and Comcast internal audit queries
• Monitor compliance and effectiveness of accounting policies and procedures
• Ensuring data integrity, working closely with IT to optimize system controls, processes and procedures, and by being an SAP Super User
• Manage the relationship with BPO outsourced provider on a day- to-day basis to ensure all outsourced activities are being performed as agreed. Tracking metrics for outsourced processes (AP, AR, and journal processing and reconciliations)
• Other responsibilities include owner of master data management, management of distribution deals, support non finance departments by providing ad hoc analysis as required, manage relationship with the Corporate Consolidation and Reporting team
• Play a key role in process improvement and build out of a team
• 4+ years of professional experience in accounting, finance, or related field
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field such as economics
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be available to work extended hours as needed
• Excellent excel, financial analytical skills are essential
• Knowledge of Business Warehouse / SAP a significant advantage
• Strong analytics and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and high standards in quality and accurate reporting
• Strong candidates will be well organized and able to prioritize multiple and competing priorities
• Demonstrated strong communication skills and a pro-active approach to building working relationships in a matrix environment
• International experience and experience of a head-office environment working across multiple business units is desired
• Media/Entertainment distribution experience is desired
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vbo5-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.