As a marketplace leader NBCU Ad Sales prides itself on its success in building solutions which have helped reshape the industry. In 2021 a key priority of Ad Sales is to buy a team comprised of Client Strategy & Insights professionals to help redefine how we talk about ourselves in the marketplace with our top clients and accounts.
In response to this business goal, we are formulating a new team of Insights professionals focused on the development of advanced platform & consumption insights. This teammate will be focused on leveraging extensive internal and external sources to help develop the NBCU narrative and point-of-view on how Americans are consuming content, and what are the implications of that, for our advertisers. Furthermore, this individual will act as the ''resident expert'' on our team for all things BI (Tableau and Domo).
This role will require an individual who excels at research methods, has a pulse on media trends, is a natural teacher, and understands the value of data visualization in BI platforms. Furthermore, the role will be jointly responsible, alongside the Director and VP of the team, for NBCU external facing published thought-leadership, focusing primarily on media behaviors. A charismatic individual who can interface with external stakeholders, trades, clients and agencies alike, would be highly desirable.
You should be interested in this role if you feel you meet most of the above criteria and want to help reshape how we talk about media trends across the tv, video and streaming ecosystem. It's a role for folks ready to learn new things, work at the forefront of the consumer shift to streaming, share their POV with the industry, help drive new skill development for our team, and collaborate with some of the biggest players across the industry. If you are looking for a vibrant, exciting, collaborative environment to share your insights into viewing behaviors – you may have just found your next career move.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Partner with the Director of Client Strategy & Insights to develop a narrative and POV on how consumers use media today, and what the implications of those behaviors are for NBCU ad sales clients
• Work on initiatives which will help reshape how we talk about NBCU across the ads marketplace: Go-To-Market presentations, Upfront/Newfronts, published thought-leadership documents, etc.
• Consult on projects requiring BI work, intelligence or guidance across all of Client Insights
• Assist in training team members in working knowledge of Tableau and Domo
• Cultivate relationships with internal & external partners alike to evaluate new data sets to activation with, the lens of driving insights, demand and revenue
• Partner with Sales & Marketing to develop results-focused and insights-led positioning to the marketplace leading to future holistic measurement plans
• 4+ years of experience in research, measurement or insights within the media industry, ideally with direct experience in linear and digital TV
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Expertise in analyzing TV and digital video performance using traditional and nontraditional approaches and data sets
• Deep knowledge of content and offerings across video landscape (linear TV, digital video sites and apps, distributed partners i.e., YouTube, Hulu, etc)
• Outstanding project management and time management skills
• Excellent research and analytical skills: ability to structure analysis and correctly interpret data to create a compelling narrative that accurately addresses the business challenge at hand
• Understanding of quantitative/qualitative research methodologies, survey design and analysis
• Experience partnering with a fast-paced, high performing sales team and comfortable in a client-facing role / presenting directly to external parties
• Proficiency in TV and digital applications and other syndicated research tools (Nielsen, TV Brand Effect, Lake 5, comScore, Adobe Analytics, MRI, etc.)
• Proficiency with research tools such as eMarketer, Statista, and more.
• Working knowledge of leading BI platforms (Tableau, Domo, etc)
• Master of Microsoft Office suite (PPT, Excel, Word)
• Solid analytical skills - a strategic, critical thinker who is focused on creating actionable insights
• Self-starter and proactive thinker with an innate curiosity, bias for action and desire to push beyond the status quo
• A proven multitasker -
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Rigorous attention to detail
• Proven ability to navigate a matrixed organization and cultivate strong working relationships across departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d890yx-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.