Senior Vice President, Business Affairs
Universal City, CA
Manager, Business Affairs will be primarily responsible for negotiating script development, series, writer/producer and other talent related agreements on behalf of Universal Studios Group in connection with scripted programming, including, but not limited to, negotiations related to the following: third-party script development agreements; license agreements; international co-production agreements; writer/producer, performer and other talent deals; co-productions; product integrations; music and digital media. This individual will report to a VP, Business Affairs.
• Handle the day-to-day business affairs issues for current programming on air on broadcast, cable, and SVOD networks.
• Interface and coordinate with the following departments: programming, production, ad sales, legal, promotions, public relations, finance, music, distribution, marketing, network operations, affiliate relations, NBC.com and digital media.
• Negotiate script development, series licensing, production, writer/producer, performer and other talent deals in connection with the development and series production of scripted programming for Universal Television, including third-party transactions.
• Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of such programming.
• Draft short-form deal memos, reviewing agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated and coordinating the processing of invoices based on required contractual obligations of payment authorizations.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in transaction or entertainment matters
• Juris Doctorate (JD), Bar Admission
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Prior experience negotiating development and series related agreements (i.e., license agreements, co-production and talent agreements).
• Strong and effective negotiating skills and excellent drafting skills.
• Detailed oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player.
• Working knowledge of the SAG, WGA and DGA basic agreements and the AFTRA Code.
• Network experience a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-house environment.
• Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
• Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work.
• Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through.
• Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable.
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate.