The Brand Strategy & Consumer Engagement Manager is responsible for overseeing the development, execution and analysis of multiplatform marketing campaigns that build brand equity and drive consumer engagement for NBC's scripted shows.
Reporting to the Director of Brand Strategy & Consumer Engagement, this role is at the center of the day-to-day and long-term operations for brand, digital and social initiatives, interfacing with key stakeholders on high priority projects. This role is also critical to the process of ideating and securing branded promotional partnerships.
The ability to effectively understand, manage and communicate strategy, campaign components and the results of complex marketing efforts while pivoting between multiple projects during constant change, is essential to the success of this position. The ideal candidate proactively creates solutions out of challenges, is comfortable being a self-starter, and will understand how to translate quantitative and qualitative data into insightful POVs, compelling brand stories and unique selling propositions.
• Act as the brand leader, driving marketing efforts across NBC shows, including implementing strategy, managing campaigns, and reporting on results – all with the goal of building brand equity, driving consumer engagement and monetization of scripted content
• Be a central hub for information of each show, understanding the day-to-day production needs, show creative, marketing support, and overall voice of the consumer, especially in context to culture
• Collaborate and ideate with key teams (media, social, sales, programming, publicity, production, creative, agencies) to create innovative, impactful multiplatform campaigns
• Effectively communicate and present marketing plans and timelines across the organization
• Provide solutions, recommend alternative strategies and resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner
• Work closely with the Strategy and Consumer Insights teams to develop audience targets, report on campaigns, refine process, and provide actionable insights
• Act as point of contact with external agencies and partners, leading communication while building relationships, providing strategic/creative feedback and managing approvals
• Maintain project tracking for multiple workstreams and deliverables to meet deadlines
• Develop presentations for securing branded promotional partnerships
• Bachelor's Degree
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• 3+ years marketing experience (preferably in the entertainment/media industry) – includes experience in strategy development, campaign execution/management, social/digital platform fundamentals
• Flawless visual storytelling and data visualization skills that leverage the latest tools (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) to powerfully bring ideas and insights to life
• Excellent critical thinking, business writing and interpersonal skills
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Confident, driven, self-starter, with a dedication to excellence
• Willingness to work overtime, atypical hours and on some weekends with short notice (small amount of travel involved)
• Passion for television, entertainment and consumer marketing - this role requires a connection and/or understanding of cultural trends and consumer mindsets
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume, ever-changing environment – ability to be flexible and adjust easily
• Cross-functional leader who is able to engage, motivate, and collaborate with internal teams across every phase of a campaign
• The ability to prioritize multiple projects with a variety of stakeholders in a complex environment - strong project management and organizational skills
• Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver; resourceful, able to initiate change, motivate innovation and be positive
• An enthusiastic team player that takes ownership of all work they manage and produce.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $75,000 - $105,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpq6k4-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.