Digital Ad Operations Trafficking Specialist
New York, NY
The Ad Product and Integrations team owns advertising features and requirements at scale across NBCU's websites, apps, and distributed content. We are subject matter experts for existing ad products and processes, and build stories around emerging ad technology and requirements for integration into our digital supply. We analyze the needs of the business, and collaborate with brand leads, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure premium quality, ad-supported environments are available for NBCU's viewers.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Develop a deep understanding of the business objectives, impacts, and requirements of NBCU's advertising products and how they fit into the industry landscape
• Evaluate requests from stakeholders and make strategic recommendations on roadmaps and implementation strategy
• Stay on top of ad tech and media trends. Translate findings into product and business POVs, and devise ways to assimilate trends internally
• Communicate with stakeholders to understand needs, advocate for ad features, and provide progress/status reports for major initiatives
• Direct the overall vision of the team's creation of user stories, feature guides, and release plans by identifying best practices and leading by example
• Collaborate with sales, brand product, and tech leads to ensure opportunities for progress are tracked, planned, executed.
• Anticipate and manage project risks, hurdles and other deliverables
• Comprehend impacts of new and existing ad features, in order to smoothly operationalize and evangelize ad products for stakeholders
• Own knowledge transfer sessions between working groups when new ad features and products are being scoped
• Drive consistency in ad delivery models across platforms and brands
• Support product functionality and technical inquiries posed by internal stakeholders
• Be a leader. Offer expertise and assistance to team members, and identify process improvements to improve the team's day-to-day functions.
• 6+ years of experience working in the digital media space, including experience with a premium publisher or ad tech company
• Experience with ad serving technologies including FreeWheel, DFP/Google Ad Manager, and programmatic marketplaces.
• Deep knowledge of the digital advertising landscape
• Strong technical background, including understanding of streaming video and web/app design
• Familiarity with agile development practices and JIRA (or similar project management tool)
• Proven ability to work with developers and engineers
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Energetic self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys thinking critically to solve problems
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• You like our content and are passionate about our brands.
• You understand that ads have a place on the Internet – but why not make them as beautiful as possible!
• You are interested in building relationships with co-workers and stakeholders to create a collaborative and optimistic workplace
• You are interested in media and advertising industry publications have the ability to translate new trends for stakeholders, helping to keep NBCU Ad Tech at the forefront of digital advertising