An opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our London team, supporting the Finance Controller in a highly visible and influential role within the Universal Pictures Content Group.
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group and world renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is wholly owned by Comcast Corporation.
UP Content Group is an independent mini-studio within the infrastructure of Universal Pictures & Focus Features and distribution footprint of NBCUniversal . With offices around the world and central headquarters in London, the UP Content Group discovers, acquires and produces a diverse range of quality content across a multitude of genres (film, stand-up comedy, TV drama/sitcoms, music, sports, documentary, family entertainment, events & special interest) for global distribution. It's multiplatform sales & distribution footprint includes theatrical, physical, digital (SVOD & Transactional), TV (Free & Pay) as well as consumer products. The business uniquely focuses on managing talents, partnerships, brands and titles across all rights and across their full lifecycle. It is a business rooted in Artists and repertoire (A&R) culture, driven by relationships, innovation and ambitious growth plans.
Monthly Close Processes:
• Performing monthly journals, accruals, intercompany and data requests recharges as part of the monthly close process for all Content Group entities
• Review balance sheet reconciliations and address any reconciling of the balance sheet accounts and assessing risk within the participation liability and film cost balances
• Tracking development spend to ensure that it's recognised in line with policy.
• Preparation of the annual FCF budget and monthly FCF pacing
• Managing the payments process and forecasting weekly investment spend by working closely with the Acquisitions, Development, Legal, Operations & Marketing teams
• Leading the statutory audit process and liaising with internal and external auditors.
• Supporting the FC in managing the intern & outsourced team members
• Supporting the wider business (non finance functions) in adhoc queries and reporting requirements
• Developing and building processes for new business and development
• Involvement in wider NBCU projects and finance system upgrade projects
• Proactively drive process improvement, simplification and elimination of non-value add tasks
• Working with other business functions including Tax, Stats Team, Payroll, P2P and Intercompany teams.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to carry out other tasks as requested and within capabilities.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude and team player
• Strong desire to grow in career and assume additional responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple assignments and be effective and decisive under pressure
• Proven track-record of meeting and managing deadlines
• Ability to convey financial and accounting matters to non-finance operators and build strong relationships
• Aptitude for problem solving and an ability to identify and implement process improvement and change management
• Strong analytical and technical skills with an understanding of Balance Sheet and P&L statements
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Qualified or Part completion of an accredited professional finance qualification;
• High Excel/accounting systems knowledge (SAP experience preferred);
• Undergraduate education or equivalent experience;
• Attention to detail with proven accuracy;
• Media experience a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjxb3e-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.