Legal Counsel (Content & Operations)
Role Title: Legal Counsel (Content & Operations team (''C&O'')) – NBCUniversal International Networks & DTC.
Location: Based at the Sky Campus in Osterley, with flexible remote working options.
NBCUniversal are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
NBCUniversal International Networks & DTC (''Networks'') delivers content and brands (including DreamWorks, Syfy, Universal TV, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, Studio Universal, Telemundo and DIVA) to over 160 territories across EMEA, LatAm and APAC. DTC offerings include Hayu (launched in 27 countries) and Peacock (UK, Germany & Italy) with further launches planned.
A key permanent full-time role in a closely-working team reporting to Director (C&0).
• Primary point of contact and lead legal support for the following teams in the Networks business: Marketing; PR; Digital and Social Media; Creative; and short-form production.
• Advising on matters related to marketing campaigns and activities across various media and platforms including via social media.
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a range of agreements (and providing legal advice) including competition T&Cs; production agreements (commissioned TV series and channel promos); software licensing; website development agreements; service agreements; influencer agreements; and IP licences.
• Reviewing and advising on marketing copy and prize promotion mechanics to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and internal channel brand guidelines and policies (privacy, data protection, protection of minors and others).
• Liaising with teams within the wider Networks business including Finance, Compliance, and Employment.
The responsibilities may be modified at any time and may include assisting with project work, management and training of legal support staff, and legal research.
The position requires a professional, motivated and self-sufficient person who:
• is a team player.
• proactively manages open matters.
• is able to prioritise and manage a broad, high volume and fast-moving workload and to work independently where required to a high professional standard.
• has flexibility in their approach to work and good interpersonal skills.
• has excellent drafting and communication skills, great accuracy and attention to detail.
• Qualified to practice law in the UK preferred (2+ PQE), other jurisdictions may be considered.
• Commercial and transactional experience, preferably within a broadcasting environment.
• Computer literate with experience in using Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Experience of ad sales and platform carriage deals not essential but desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwpym-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.