The Corporate Decision Sciences group at NBCUniversal helps drive advanced analytics by building and integrating pragmatic data science principles and products throughout the Company. The Group focuses primarily on decision science analyses to support and inform strategy and key business decisions and building advanced data products to help enable more data-enhanced decision support.
The Lead Data Scientist will be part of a team of Data Scientists that focus on the design and execution of advanced data exploration, data mining, inference and prediction multiple traditional and non-traditional media measurement data sets. The Lead Data Scientist will work closely with internal clients, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and IT across all NBCUniversal businesses. The position reports to the Vice President Corporate Decision Sciences.
• Provide methodological leadership within a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers in the development of new methods and/or the application of advanced methods for prediction and inference
• Lead and execute development of forecasting models and systems integrations across streams and platforms
• Contribute to the development and delivery of high-impact tools and insights comprised of aggregated data sets and advanced algorithms with a clean user experience
• Think critically about data and the appropriate pairings of uses cases and data
• Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad-hoc and operational projects
• Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization
• Masters of Science in quantitative or technical program (i.e. Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc.)
• Knowledge of applied statistics coupled with experience applying advanced methods for inference and prediction
• 5+ years of experience applying statistical methods and machine learning techniques with high levels of proficiency in leading design, development and delivery of advanced analytics product in business settings, emphasis on time series applications
• Experience deploying quantitative models into production environments using
• Experience with data visualization techniques and concepts
• Experience using SQL to extract data from cloud based data storage systems (S3, MySQL, Databricks)
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively at different levels in the organization (including executive level presentations of own work)
• Expert knowledge of R or Python, additional languages (e.g. Java, Scala) a plus
• Experience using cluster computing environments and Spark, Hive and/or Hadoop a bonus
• Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
• Experience with television ratings and digital measurement tools (Nielsen, Rentrak, comScore, Omniture, etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r717p8-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.