The Junior Application Software Developer will be working in the Universal Film Production Support Group's (PSG) programming team to support IT Film Production and Accounting and studio clients. The ideal candidate will need to be able to operate efficiently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. They must enjoy interacting with customers and be willing to tackle unique challenges head-on while leveraging a variety of technology stacks to meet production needs. The candidate for this position will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing software for the Universal Film Group.
• User account creation, management, and support of inter-departmental systems and cloud-based services for production, accounting, term deals and studio clients.
• Develop, customize, and maintain Salesforce applications
• Support and enhance existing production workflow applications built in FileMaker Pro
• Develop new solutions for production workflows based on NBCU preferred platforms
• Provide technical and user documentation for existing and new applications
• Continual learning NBCU preferred application development technology platforms
Basic Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements:
• At least 2 years working with software product development, testing or related experience.
• Preferred areas of study in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field
• Good understanding of relational databases, client/server architecture and file system management.
• Understanding of software life cycle and quality engineering
• Experience developing workflow systems in FileMaker Pro
• 2 or more years of experience developing Salesforce applications
• 2 or more years' experience creating technical documentation of software applications
• 2 or more years' experience assisting users with troubleshooting frontend, backend, and automated functionality within software applications
• Working knowledge of creating SQL statements to create efficiencies in data analysis
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Ability to excel and adapt quickly in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Work in teams with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test and deploy code safely to production
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• PowerBI experience preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn96wo-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.