The Linear Inventory Analyst (Sports – Big Events) will be responsible for coordinating with Big Events Senior Manager and Sports VPs, to support inventory needs for NBC Sports Group Big Event properties (Olympics, World Cup, Superbowl, Golf Tentpoles, etc) This position will work cross-functionally with site leaders, finance, research, sales, ad operations, and pricing, and will be responsible for overseeing the ad inventory forecasting, live-event monetization, inventory reporting, and RFP support.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily inventory reconciliation from previous days Live events, proactively identify and resolve oversells and product conflict issues.
• Recommend ad inventory utilization & smooth inventory to optimize with each event.
• Responsible for assisting VPs with preparing, creating and updating rate cards –including creating/scooping selling titles as needed
• Coordinate with Programming and Sales Ops on all schedule and show format changes and ensure advertising inventory capacities are appropriately updated.
• Prepares and distributes daily, weekly and ad hoc reports
• Assess makegood balances with Sr Manager, and recommending ADU utilization to maximize yield and pay down liability in the Big Events
• Manage program and advertiser exclusivities
• Approve deal changes with the Ad Sales System – moves, splits and allocations
• Coordinate with ASRs and Planners to ensure all inventory needs are fulfilled
• Various projects and assignments upon business needs.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
• 2+ years experience in media sales environment
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint)
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Nights and weekends will be required surrounding NBC Sports Big Event Tentpoles including, but not limited to: Olympics, World Cup, Super Bowl, Sunday Night Football, Golf Tentpole events
• Prior experience in Sales Planning or Commercial Operations
• Excellent computer skills, demonstrated analytical ability and organizational/project management skills
• Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel
• Working knowledge of On Air and Nielsen rating system preferred
• Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate/negotiate effectively with all levels within the organization
• Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven media environment
• Passion for sports landscape
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyobp3-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.