Sr. Manager, Media
Universal City, CA
Universal Pictures Marketing is seeking an International Manager to support the execution of global theatrical and franchise film campaigns. The individual in this position will have 3 core responsibilities:
• Working to extend the digital strategy of Universal titles to 34 territories.
• Collaborating with their team Director and VP to create centralized digital campaigns for MGM and Focus Features titles, for multiple international territories.
• Act as the primary contact for all international territories for their digital marketing needs.
Exceptional communication skills are crucial. The individual must be a skilled presenter and able to communicate complex ideas in a very clear and concise way. They must also be able to time shift their working hours to sync up with key territories during critical moments in a campaign.
This person must also have experience with asset management across multiple territories. They must be able to handle multiple responsibilities, and to efficiently juggle a workload in the face of shifting priorities and deadlines. On a daily basis, the position requires someone that can take initiative with minimal direction, has the ability to seek out information and answers from appropriate sources and has exceptional follow-through. Attention to detail is extremely important.
Individuals in this job must possess solid computer, writing, and technical skills, including a familiarity with social media, digital video content, and Keynote/Powerpoint. Experience with Photoshop is also highly desirable.
• Develop and support the markets on how to implement digital marketing plans for assigned films.
• Supervise digital creative development with the Home Office digital agency on the market's behalf.
• Inspire local marketing teams to embrace digital innovation, sharing best practices and ideas on assigned films across territories with the objective of driving opportunities for innovation and excellence in the digital space.
• Work to create bespoke social media elements for local platforms, including APAC platforms - aligning with senior stakeholders and licensing teams in the US, supporting markets with the development and approval of features (e.g. filters, AR) on local social platforms.
• Work within the global Digital team on developing and communicating the digital campaign strategy while leading development of creative with roster of creative agencies.
• Communicate updates on all digital materials available from Home Office to key territories for assigned titles.
• Work closely with the media, publicity, creative, distribution and creative services teams to ensure the digital strategic direction for each release is successfully implemented to plan.
• Communicate and work with the International Home Office team during the campaign planning and implementation process, to provide information as required for filmmakers, production companies and other stakeholders.
• Key department lead and point of contact for major digital initiatives across markets for assigned titles.
• Drive film strategy from key insights from social listening. Ensure that social insights are informing and shaping our creative campaigns, Understand the ever-changing social landscape and how it can strategically and tactically be applied to our campaigns.
• Help to lead influencer programs, including strategy, content review, market nominations and set visits for select films. Recommend and share best practices across Markets and with International Media team.
• Key day to day contact for all digital enquiries from territories on assigned titles.
• Official sites management. Roll out official sites and portal updates, franchise siteupdates where relevant, linkfire campaigns and theatrical showtimes for 20 markets. Domains, cookie consent platform update management and general troubleshooting in partnership with our agency team.
• 3-5 years of experience in the entertainment industry specifically digital marketing, production, or post-production.
• At least 1 year of experience working on global or international-only film campaigns.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft-based software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Photoshop
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• 4 year college degree in marketing or related field is preferred but not required
• Strong written and communication skills at all levels
• Excellent computer skills
• Familiarity with video post-production and file formats