We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Seeking a Hair and Makeup PA to work with all day to day operations as outlined below. This is a Run of Show position. This role will only be working 3 tape days per week. Schedule will be approximately 12 hours per day.
• Clean and organize equipment for the department
• Assist stylists in moving equipment as required
• Organize and maintain continuity books
• Assist Stylists in day-to-day operations as needed, such as but not limited to research, supply ordering and pickup, grabbing coffee, and meal orders
• Must be able to bend, reach, push, pull and lift up to 25 pounds independently
• Minimum 1 year of experience working in Television Production preferably in the hair and makeup department
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Willingness to work early mornings, overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Manhattan, NY
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Knowledge and interest in hair and makeup strongly preferred
• Experience in hair and makeup strongly preferred
• Extremely detail-oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast paced work environments
• Demonstrate good ''people skills'' in order to interact with co-workers and crew members
• Strong Grammar skills and accurate spelling
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $17.50-$20.00/hour
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjy651-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.