The Financial Controller LatAm is responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate completion of monthly and quarterly financial closings in accordance with US GAAP & local GAAP across all entities within the Spanish LatAm joint venture (SPL), as well as the non-JV central costs. This role will also have oversight of the Brazil joint venture to ensure compliant reporting across the region.
This position will report to the Vice President, Finance & Affiliates LatAm and manages a team of 11 in Miami, as well as additional offshore accountants and 3rd party accounting service providers in local territories.
Reporting into the VP Finance, this leadership role is responsible for leading the controllership function for NBCUniversal's International Networks Spanish LatAm JV.
Operating in a highly complex environment and managing the entire accounting function, including AP and AR, this role requires a qualified accountant with multi-jurisdiction experience.
• Ownership of monthly close process to ensure accurate financial bookings and timely reporting of financials and balance sheet reviews to senior management for all LatAm legal entities.
• Financial accounting across multiple feeds, channels & departments, with focus on accurate revenue and cost accruals. Involves journal entry review, Interco management, channel reviews and decision making in judgmental areas.
• Supporting multiple P&L owners to validate & understand financial performance of each channel on a monthly and quarterly basis, providing analysis and back up as needed.
• Identification and communication of risks & opportunities impacting on the monthly & quarterly results and supporting FP&A counterparts in the forecasting and budgeting processes to validate key accounting assumptions to ensure these are accurately reflected.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders – including Opco functional leads, local accounting teams, International Networks Group Controller, Corporate Finance, Tax, Treasury, and outsource partners in particular managing the relationship with the local tax & accounting service providers.
• Ownership of SPL JV legal entities in US, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico and Panama incl. statutory accounts process, corporate reporting requirements, account reconciliations and balance sheet reviews.
• Ensuring local statutory and tax compliance incl. VAT, WHT and Transfer Pricing, liaising with the corporate tax team where necessary. Key contact for local authorities across the region and 3rd party statutory auditors.
• Ensure monthly payroll processes operate smoothly and that monthly reconciliation to the ledgers is performed.
• Controllership best practice across the region incl. simplification, process s improvement and standardisation
• Involvement in business-critical projects where required.
• Qualified accountant with at least 8 years of relevant accounting experience in US GAAP.
• Must be fully bilingual in English/Spanish, both oral and written
• Experience in controllership / reporting and monthly close processes, including ERP systems preferably SAP.
• Experience of accounting in multiple currency environments and multiple statutory environments.
• A very high standard for accuracy of reporting and consistency of control.
• Demonstrated change management & problem-solving
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact at all levels of the organisation.
• Highly energetic and able to work to tight deadlines.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic changing/growing environment: ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects.
• Pro-active & solution focused.
• Team player with a strong work ethic.
• Good Excel skills.
• US Corporation and Entertainment Industry experience advantageous.
• Understanding of media sector preferred but not essential.
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vnjn-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.