The Manager, Finance will play an integral role on the Universal Studio Group (USG) FP&A team and will manage all aspects of financial planning cycles. The individual will partner with TV & Streaming finance, all distribution finance teams and with NBCU Corporate. This role will manage a Sr. Financial Analyst and will report to the VP of FP&A for USG.
• Oversee studio volume forecast and reporting processes for USG portfolio, including monthly presentation of production and delivery projections to USG finance executives and maintain critical studio volume metrics.
• Create and maintain detailed license fee forecasting models by partnering with USG ultimate/FCF team and NBC/Cable/Peacock finance
• Manage OCF pacing process through thorough review of revenue and cost movement by partnering with distribution finance teams and USG Production/Ultimates teams. Formulate studio risks & opportunities in order to deliver transparent updates to USG leadership and the corporate FP&A team
• Manage OCF submissions, reporting and analytics as required by NBCU corporate and perform ad hoc analysis and scenario planning to help studio leadership drive informed decisions
• Assist with executive presentations for use with internal and divisional leadership, including topics such as scripted/unscripted volume, historical financial trending, library analytics, etc.
• Responsible for critical close processes (revenue review, close checks); work closely with Controllership team during month and quarter end close
• Participate in the preparation of studio forecasts, annual operating plans, and five-year plans
• Partner with the corporate FP&A team to ensure in providing studio analytics, elimination details, and various key supplementals
• Project manage key NBCUniversal initiatives, including process simplification and systems upgrades
• Coach, develop and train Sr. Financial Analyst in conjunction with FCF Manager
< u>Basic Qualifications:
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus preferred
• Minimum 4+ years public and/or private accounting, or FP&A experience preferred
• MS Excel skills required
• Accounting / GAAP knowledge
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work extended hours with short notice during critical planning cycles
• Experience managing FP&A cycles is preferred
• Team Player with ability to function in a cross functional environment and willingness to jump into projects to meet department goals
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of finance, operations, and senior management
• Continuous improvement attitude, ability to seek out and implement best practices
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and PC skills
• Strong organization and time management skills; ability to deliver on multiple project assignments, meet tight deadlines and be effective under pressure
• Entertainment / Media / TV Production experience preferred
• SAP or Essbase knowledge preferred with exposure to BPC a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3211-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.