The role is part of the head-office Controllership function located in Universal City, Los Angeles. It resides with home entertainment – $1bn revenue-generating business.
The Finance Manager is responsible for assisting partner studios with the key financial reporting and financial reconciliations. This person would have a controllership or finance background with strong technical skills and familiarity with managing financial statements and analyses. Prior SAP/BW or Microstrategy experience is preferred, but not required. A qualified candidate must be able to multi-task and balance priorities on competing initiatives. This position reports to the Director of UPHE Controllership, supports the V.P Global UPHE Controllership and will work closely with the Participation's team, Domestic Supply Chain Operations, and global controllership.
• Manage and distribute all financial reporting to Universal Picture Home Entertainment (UPHE) distribution partner's studios.
• Support the partner's studios with financial analysis and statement reconciliations.
• Meet and communicate regularly with partner's studios to address inquiries.
• Becoming the UPHE primary contact for all partner financial reporting and analysis.
• Perform and supervise multiple HV Distribution Partners statements reconciliation including physical and digital distribution.
• Reconcile and analyze key movements in balance sheet areas including preparation of quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Work closely with the Global Controllership to drive simplification, process improvement, and standardization across the group.
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors & IT, to increase efficiency and improve processes.
• Create and maintain reporting schedules - Assist with participation audits and ad hoc data request.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
• Excellent excel, financial analytical skills are essential.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Knowledge of Business Warehouse / SAP a significant advantage.
• Strong analytics and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and high standards in quality and accurate reporting.
• Strong candidates will be well organized and able to prioritize multiple and competing priorities.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills and a pro-active approach to building working relationships in a matrix environment.
• Media/Entertainment distribution experience is desired.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0epb1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.