The Manager Finance will play an integral role on the Universal Studio Group (USG) FP&A team and will manage all aspects of financial planning cycles. The individual will partner with TV & Streaming finance, all distribution finance teams and with NBCU Corporate. This role will manage a Sr. Financial Analyst and will report to the VP of FP&A for USG.
• Oversee studio volume forecast and reporting processes for USG portfolio, including monthly presentation of production and delivery projections to USG finance executives and maintain critical studio volume metrics.
• Create and maintain detailed license fee forecasting models by partnering with USG ultimate/FCF team and NBC/Cable/Peacock finance.
• Manage OCF pacing process through thorough review of revenue and cost movement by partnering with distribution finance teams and USG Production/Ultimates teams. Formulate studio risks & opportunities in order to deliver transparent updates to USG leadership and the corporate FP&A team.
• Manage OCF submissions, reporting and analytics as required by NBCU corporate and perform ad hoc analysis and scenario planning to help studio leadership drive informed decisions.
• Assist with executive presentations for use with internal and divisional leadership, including topics such as scripted/unscripted volume, historical financial trending, library analytics, etc.
• Responsible for critical close processes (revenue review, close checks); work closely with Controllership team during month and quarter end close.
• Participate in the preparation of studio forecasts, annual operating plans, and five-year plans.
• Partner with the corporate FP&A team to ensure in providing studio analytics, elimination details, and various key supplementals.
• Project manage key NBCUniversal initiatives, including process simplification and systems upgrades.
• Coach, develop and train Sr. Financial Analyst in conjunction with FCF Manager.
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus preferred
• Minimum 4+ years public and/or private accounting, or FP&A experience preferred
• MS Excel skills required
• Accounting / GAAP knowledge
• Experience managing FP&A cycles is preferred
• Team Player with ability to function in a cross functional environment and willingness to jump into projects to meet department goals
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and work independently
• • Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of finance, operations, and senior management
• Continuous improvement attitude, ability to seek out and implement best practices
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and PC skills
• Strong organization and time management skills; ability to deliver on multiple project assignments, meet tight deadlines and be effective under pressure
• Entertainment / Media / TV Production experience preferred
• SAP or Essbase knowledge preferred with exposure to BPC a plus
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work extended hours with short notice during critical planning cycles
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw18kj-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.