• Achieve 100% uptime of site critical systems and equipment. Critical systems and equipment include but are not limited to: Power/UPS, Back-up generator, Fuel supply, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning), BMS, Plumbing/Water supply, Fire safety systems and equipment
• Ensure that all emergency systems are tested regularly
• Manage regulatory inspection programs and processes
• Schedule and oversee facility preventative maintenance, testing, & operations programs
• Manage all facilities vendor relationships
• Take a leading role in the local NBC EHS Program
• Coordinate all OSHA requirements, submissions, and postings
• Oversee the main building service vendors (landscaping, janitorial, cafe services, etc.)
• Provide situational status updates and operating metrics to management
• Respond promptly to facility issues, requests, and trouble tickets reported by the staff
• Perform basic facility maintenance and upkeep
• Keep the engineering team informed of impactful work being done on the facility
• Along with VP of Technology & Operations and VP of Finance, evaluate and negotiate bids and proposals from third party vendors
• Assist in managing facility planning and space allocation
• Maintain practices that promote and protect health, safety, and site effectiveness
• Assist the engineering team with physical installation of new equipment
• Assist with business admin duties as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong understanding and experience with common building systems and building management systems (BMS) for HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Security, Fire Protection, Irrigation Systems
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Able to work weekends, nights, holidays, and on call as needed
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 3+ years' experience in facilities management or related field.
• Knowledge of facilities management principles and techniques
• Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift to 25-30lbs.
• Basic computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Vizio, Teams, OneDrive), Vizio, AutoCAD
Additional Job Requirements
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• College Degree or similar certification in facility management or related field
• Experience supporting broadcast or IT data, mission critical facilities
• Customer service oriented, follow up skills a must
• Able to discuss issues/updates with all levels of management
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• AutoCAD experience a plus but not required
• Licensed Electrician, Carpenter, Plumber, or other related trade
• Experience evaluating facility metrics to trend usage and generate operating expense cost savings
• Experience with Genetec Security Systems
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbjooy-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.