The Executive Vice President, Heyday Television US will work with executives in the company and with studio partners to develop, package, and sell series for streaming, cable and broadcast networks, and other platforms. The ideal candidate will have successfully developed TV series in the past, have strong agency relationships, have a strong network of artists and writers, and understand the issues that arise in development and production of television series.
• Lead the development of a slate of scripted programming for Heyday Television.
• Ensure a consistent level of quality is achieved and maintained on all scripted creative fronts.
• Develop new projects, including identifying and securing new talent for projects in development.
• Introduce new writers to the company with the potential for future development.
• Build rapport and maintain relationships with management companies and talent agencies to find new writers, artists and directors.
• Sources possible materials, books, stories and scripts for consideration in future television projects.
• Leverage existing relationships at broadcast and cable networks, their parent companies, and emerging digital distribution platforms to help the sales process.
• Collaborate with other development executives on projects and work well in a team setting to support and improve all projects in development.
• Foster a culture of creative risk-taking and fiscal responsibility.
• Create a culture, environment and global reputation where Heyday is a place that creative programme makers can come and do their best work. Our culture must reflect diversity of ideas, backgrounds and thinking that allow creatives to produce a broad range of content to enable us to make this connection with our audience.
• Minimum twelve (12) years' experience in television or related media with a proven track record of developing scripted content.
• Experience developing scripted television series.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain extensive and productive relationships with various buyers, creative talent, production companies, and the agency community.
• Track record of working effectively with peers, colleagues, and superiors, with a special emphasis on communicating creative goals and the value of intellectual properties to various constituents.
• Proven success in wooing and managing talent.
• Proven success in program sales.
• Candidate must be willing to travel as needed.
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekm58-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.