The Film Music department serves the creative and production needs of Universal Pictures' films and soundtracks across all divisions of the company. Our dynamic department oversees all aspects of music for the studio which includes creative services, licensing, business affairs and legal, publishing, song and score production, soundtracks, marketing, etc. We are the in-house music team for our diverse film and soundtrack portfolio which encompasses Universal, DreamWorks Animation, Illumination Entertainment, Focus Features, Amblin, Blumhouse, 1440 Home Entertainment and various other partners. We are an energetic group of music lovers who are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, passionate, collaborative, solution-oriented self-starter to join our prolific team.
The Executive Assistant provides support to the President of Global Film Music and Film Music Department as necessary.
• Rolling calls (heavy phones), managing the President's complex calendar, filing expense reports, coordinating project-related materials, organizing music library, and many other similar administrative/support duties as needed.
• Intuitively handling the variety of tasks and challenges that come through the office of the President.
• Taking notes during weekly update meetings and when rolling calls as necessary.
• Processing submissions with a keen interest in and passion for all types of music, but specifically music in film.
• Extensive, detailed, proactive travel coordination.
• 2+ years experience handling the demands of an office
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), audio apps like iTunes and Spotify, and savvy with Macs and audio files.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Bachelors degree strongly preferred
• Two year minimum commitment desired
• Able to utilize the full potential of the internet as a resource (for information, purchases, etc), especially for researching music, talent, publishers, labels, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask, and strong attention to detail
• Initiative – Demonstrates initiative by confidently self-starting improvements to office procedures, reports and processes with minimal supervision
• Detail Oriented – Ability to prioritize multiple details and tasks.
• Confidentiality – Must be able to maintain department business with the utmost of confidentiality
• Team Player – Demonstrates ability to work on a team and willingness to give assistance to co-workers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7v2q-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.