We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Responsible for managing the production process from concept to completion for Entertainment projects of various scale, including marquee events, daily park entertainment, placemaking efforts, and other special projects. For each, develops and executes strategies to complete projects on time and on budget while achieving the highest quality of Entertainment. Production Management is accountable for the four main project functions of Financial accountability, Process accountability, Schedule/Calendar accountability & Task Completion accountability.
• For large-scale/marquee projects (as assigned), this position has overall accountability to all combined functions project wide; For medium-scale projects (as assigned), this position has overall accountability to all combined functions project wide, with an opportunity to delegate portions of individual (or combined) functions to Assistant Production Managers and Coordinators as appropriate; For small-scale projects (as assigned), this position has the opportunity to delegate significant functions to Assistant Production Managers and Supervisors as appropriate and act as a mentor.
• Works with Creative Director and Producer to define concept or program.
• Creates and manages project budgets, working with Finance partners on justifications and tracking.
• Develops and oversees project timelines, ensuring all necessary milestones are accounted for and completed.
• Selects and contracts appropriate outside resources, working with Legal and Sourcing departments on bidding, negotiating, and contracting.
• Leads multiple project teams simultaneously, overseeing progress. Works to identify, select, and onboard project staff as required.
• With the support of the Producer and/or Creative Director, regularly reviews work scope and progress to ensure quality of final product.
• Acts as conduit between project team and Senior Leadership, updating and elevating situations as required.
• Works with partner departments to identify and satisfy needs or impacts of project.
• Thoroughly document all aspects of projects, compiling/distributing information for inter-departmental records.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 7 years' experience in theatrical or entertainment production.
• Strong financial, budgeting, and negotiating skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, with confidence to multi-task and delegate as required.
• Working technical knowledge of stage direction, construction, lighting, and audio.
• Strong leadership, communication, and organization skills.
• Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and nights as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Theatre, Performing Arts, Stage Management, Production, or related field
• Solid understanding of production of live entertainment in a theme park environment.
• Ability to achieve results through the flawless execution of strategies and process.
• Ability to identify and communicate creative solutions to challenges, and to maintain a consistent focus on priorities with persistent follow-through.
• Confidence to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity and constant change, working in fast-paced environments with accelerated production schedules.
• A strong passion to drive high quality results, both end product as well as process.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
o Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $75,000 - $90,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpo364-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.