Freelance Engineering Group Project Coordinator
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Project Management Assistance:
• Assist in projects from inception to completion through all steps of the project management process – requirements gathering, design, implementation, launch, and transition to maintenance.
• Assist with project planning, scheduling and tracking of tasks utilizing standard PM tools (Gantt Charts, task lists, etc.
• Working with ops, maintenance, and management to complete projects on time and on budget.
• Research items online, through OEMS, and on the phone to be ordered for pricing, availability, and delivery lead-time. Also research and recommend other options for equipment. Present options and gain consensus with project manager.
• Order processing and Tracking: Entering orders into OEMS, track approvals and follow up, answer questions, work with sourcing on PO creation, and document and track ordering in MS Excel. Work with Techlog to ensure orders are received physically by opening boxes, identifying parts, and ensuring correct delivery in the building and in OEMS, ensure delivery and/or deliver to project area.
• Ensure up to date tracking on the financial tracking sheet of project expenses, receiving, and miscellaneous spending. Communicate any risks or issues with PM. Diligent tracking of end of quarter and end of year receiving. Running SAP/OEMS reports and keeping detailed logs of all orders and receipts for both Capex and Opex needs.
• Coordinate weekly meetings with finance team to review spend to date, pending commitments as well as tracking of invoicing on completed orders.
• Tracking receipt of goods, receipt of invoices and working with the PM and finance team on quarterly and year end close tracking.
• Keep abreast of digital media workflows and technologies to support such workflows, specifically in editing, graphics and studios.
• Assistance with configuration, setup and testing on major initiatives such as BPL, FNIA, NHL and Olympics.
• Coordinate Engineering departmental needs as required to support ongoing operations (meeting planning, parts ordering, supplies ordering, parts tracking and inventory, travel and expense tracking, etc.)
• Proficiency and experience in order management systems similar to OEMS, MS Office (particularly MS Excel and macros, MS Outlook, MS Word)
• Experience with tele-production technologies and processes desired
• Ability to lift equipment (up to 50 lbs)
• Ability to push/pull hand carts/pallet jacks
• Ability to coordinate OEMS input for group without restriction to length of time sitting
• Communications/Production Degree preferred BA/BS
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pkex-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.