- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Field Operations Engineering department is charged with supporting NBC News and all its subsidiaries and digital properties, including MSNBC and NBC News Now, with remote broadcast capabilities to cover all major news events worldwide. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to work with a team or alone under extreme conditions and deadlines and deal with a flexible work schedule including holidays, weekends, evenings, and overtime. Candidate must be available for overnight and/or overseas travel (with a valid and active passport) to natural disasters or conflict-ridden parts of the world, or otherwise hazardous locations as news warrants.
• Ability to work in many disciplines of remote broadcasting including but not limited to:
• On-air communications, video shading, audio A1 and/or A2, transmission engineering (routing and video distribution), satellite broadcasting and communications, integration and wiring, fiber optic cable and equipment, and general electronic maintenance.
• Operation and maintenance of portable earth station equipment and/or satellite truck. Comprehensive and demonstrable skills in the operation of DSNG encoders/decoders, HPAs, SSPAs, test and RF monitoring equipment, Inmarsat BGAN, Starlink, and satellite telephone equipment.
• Ability to design (with CAD or similar drafting software), assemble, operate, and maintain, ''travel-ready'' lightweight and streamlined transmission systems for deployment worldwide.
This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
• Minimum 8 years' experience setting up remote broadcasts either on a remote television mobile unit or with a large television production company or network. *Experience should include travel outside the continental US.
• Extensive knowledge in the setup and operation of multi-path digital satellite or terrestrial transmissions.
• Fundamental knowledge of a vast collection of broadcast equipment covering all disciplines.
• Must be computer savvy, work with both Mac and PC operating systems, possess skills related to file-based workflows, and fundamental knowledge of IP routing with emphasis on video and voice-over IP systems.
• Experience with Cisco IP routing and other network engineering tools is preferred.
• Candidate should possess an undergraduate degree in broadcast technology, electrical engineering radio/TV/film technology, or equivalent related experience.
• Demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of television production with room for future career growth.
• Must be willing to work in Long Island City, NY.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States and travel abroad.
• Must have a valid driver's license issued in the US.
• Successful candidates will be required to join the NABET Union if not already a member.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $52.84/hr - $55.84/hr.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6wqwj-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.