Deputy Art Director, Food Network Magazine
New York, NY
The News Digital Art & Photo team is looking to hire an Editorial Designer to creatively lead and conceptualize the look and feel of the TODAY.com site and corresponding platforms.
This position is represented by the News Guild.
• Creating photo-heavy article illustrations with Photoshop and Illustrator to lead stories on today.com and our social platforms.
• Selecting and editing news and stock images for inclusion in stories published on today.com and our social platforms.
• Designing and producing visual interactive stories for today.com by utilizing best UX principles and consistent art direction.
• Developing and designing suites of social graphic templates and designing specialized, one-off social graphics for breaking and developing news stories for use on TODAY's social platforms.
• Designing newsletter graphics for TODAY.
• Designing banners, logos, and bugs for misc TODAY.com projects.
• Managing multiple high-priority projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• 4+ of experience working in editorial design or
comparable design industry.
• Portfolio that demonstrates an eye for and experience in
storytelling, photography, concept, composition, color
• High-level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator,
inDesign and Figma.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Appreciation for TODAY's broad range of topics and
personalities – hard news, entertainment, lifestyle,
celebrities, newsmakers and ordinary individuals - with a
good grasp of topics and stories of high interest to
women and young families – is necessary
• Familiarity with design systems and designing for a multi-
platform brand at scale.
• Able to work easily between multiple content and CMS
types to publish work on fast-paced deadlines.
• Proven news judgment, high ethical standards and
strong interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines while
managing multiple projects. Must be self-motivated while
maintaining a collaborative team orientation
• Strong candidates with equivalent experience and
education may be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-revpm2-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.