The Film Strategy and Business Development department is a highly visible group that works closely with senior executive management across NBCUniversal and Comcast. The group works in conjunction with other business units within Universal Filmed Entertainment on a wide range of strategic initiatives including evaluating potential acquisitions, reviewing worldwide windowing and distribution strategies, and exploring new business opportunities.
Universal Filmed Entertainment seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Director, Strategy and Business Development. This position reports to the EVP Film Strategy & Business Development and will execute strategy and business development initiatives and manage junior team members. Specific projects will include research, analysis, modeling, and recommendations related to emerging industry trends, new business opportunities and existing businesses. The position offers unique exposure to a wide variety of businesses within the media and entertainment industry.
• Identify and evaluate business development opportunities, including acquisition targets
• Prepare business plans, financial models and market analyses
• Develop presentations and present analysis and conclusions to senior management
• Manage projects and communication flow across the team
• Support junior team members in maintaining highest quality deliverables
• Bachelors degree
• 5+ years of experience in strategic planning, management consulting, business development or investment banking, ideally in the entertainment industry
• Superior strategic acumen and relationship skills
• Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior corporate executives to business unit managers and third parties
• Ability to work as part of a team and mentor junior analysts
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including significant financial modeling experience
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author/deliver presentations
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• MBA / Masters Degree preferred
• A solid understanding of the film industry and/or broader media industry and business models
• Prior investment banking or management consulting experience preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkexy8-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.