Director - Content Development
The Director of Scripted Development is responsible for the analysis, evaluation and progress of the current scripted development programming, management of the writers for the business assigned and for the evaluation of new potential storylines and ideas to determine new projects according to the company's long-term strategy.
• Evaluates storylines, characters, plots and situations of current scripted projects.
• Analyzes storylines and ideas to determine new projects to be presented in the development committee according to the company's long-term strategy.
• Responsible for managing writers to each project, evaluate and control their productivity and efficiency
• Support the development process for Telemundo Television Studios in evaluations of new and current projects and concepts
• Focuses on linear production and generating content that is relevant and innovative for US Hispanic audiences.
• Continuously analyzes and studies trends of audiovisual consumption to adapt and develop new formats
• Ensures that all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo Studios' infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA regulations and procedures
• Follows policies, applicable laws, and regulations to protect his/her own health and safety as well as that of other workers, the public, and the environment
• Raises concerns about possible violations of EHS policies to your manager, business and EHS Leader
• Works under the direct supervision of the Senior director of Scripted Development of TTS and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Minimum 7 years of experience in long form Spanish language scripted development and/or TV/film production
• Exhibits extensive knowledge of TV production, tastes and demographics of the US Hispanic population
• Bachelor's Degree in either Arts, Communication, Journalism, TV Production or other related fields
• Must have extensive creative and managerial experience in developing scripted programming for novella/soap opera genre
• Must possess the ability to manage and bond with high powered talent
• Must possess the ability to manage administrative duties, departmental budgets and maintain corporate obligations
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Flexible self-starter who is punctual and attentive to details
• Team player and must demonstrate ability to motivate and lead a team
• Knowledge of industry deals, trends, key players and practices
• Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain discretion and manage confidential information
• Ability to handle multiple and varied projects at one time; organize, prioritize and follow-through
• Must be a quick thinker and have ability to execute quickly
• Strategic, energized thinker with a big picture mentality, able to align department to overall business goals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z9ej-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.