Director, Ad Experience Measurement Solutions
New York, NY
The Director, Programmatic Strategy will focus on the high-growth, digital programmatic strategy of NBCU's advertising business. Acting as strategically-minded industry expert to the wider Ad Sales organization, you will collaborate across teams (including business development, sales, product, marketing, finance, planning) to support development of NBCU's programmatic strategy and drive revenue growth.
• Develop and execute an evolving strategy business and go-to-market plans for programmatic across One Platform, including the core digital business and Peacock, both cross-format and cross-device.
• Manage and grow partnerships with key DSPs and SSPs, ensuring strategic opportunities are identified and vetted and contribute to continued revenue growth.
• Build addressability plan for programmatic, including partnerships with relevant identity consortiums and ensuring data & targetability requirements are considered in product roadmaps.
• Support globally our centralized programmatic strategy, working closely with global strategy team and international brands, product, sales, and planning, to drive monetization growth & go-to-market internationally.
• Ideate new areas for programmatic expansion, including but not limited to Contextual, DOOH, Audio, etc.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to get buy in on strategies, develop business plans, voice of the customer feedback, and ensure seamless execution of new initiatives.
• Communicate the vision and status of strategic initiatives to senior executives and coworkers at all levels of the organization
• Think holistically about how the current and future programmatic product offering fits into the larger ecosystem both internally and externally, within the wider industry.
• Identify & monitor key performance indicators to measure success and drive progress
• Identify and evaluate new ways to grow revenue and scale across the portfolio of NBCU's digital and linear properties
• Keep abreast of technology/media industry trends and market conditions
• Understand platforms and technologies that support the digital programmatic ecosystem and drive monetization. Previous experience in programmatic is a must, as well as thorough knowledge of display, video, CTV/OTT, and the data landscape.
• Strategic thinker, adept at identifying and understanding complex industry trends and applying them to your business line, doing market research, interpreting data into deliverable takeaways, evangelizing ideas internally to get buy in and ensuring cross-collaboration to get things done in a strategic manner.
• Uniquely combine quantitative skills needed to analyze the business with interpersonal skills needed to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
• High comfort level handling multiple competing priority initiatives at once, delegating and escalating where needed, and leaning in collaborative partnership with colleagues.
• Passion for simplifying complex concepts, defining value propositions and championing strategy to executive leadership through formal and informal presentations. Must be an expert in PowerPoint and adept at visualizing strategy.
• Entrepreneurial, proactive self-starter with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Strong track record of cultivating relationships
• Keen attention to accuracy and detail and extremely organized
• Willingness to go above and beyond
• Possess a sense of humor and positive outlook
• Interest and experience in managing a small team and developing talent
• Experience in demand forecasting and ability to distill trends into quantifiable revenue opportunities
• MBA preferred; Bachelor's degree required
• Highly proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
• 5+ years of experience working in programmatic advertising, at either a leading media corporation, streamer, agency, buy-side and/or sell-side technology platform
• Deep understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and technology
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Experienced building business plans & strong presentation skills
• Experience managing a small team
• Foreign language is a plus
• Additional experience in data or adtech product a plus
• Must be willing to work in [New York, NY]
• Willingness to work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older