E! is television's top destination for all things entertainment and celebrity. E! is currently available to 98 million cable and satellite subscribers in the US and the E! Everywhere initiative underscores the company's dedication to making E! content available on all new media platforms anytime and anywhere from online to broadband video to wireless to VOD. Popular programming includes E! core franchises, ''Daily Pop,'' ''Nightly Pop'' as well as the network's hit series ''Keeping Up with the Kardashians,'' ''Total Divas,'' and ''The Bradshaw Bunch'' Additionally, the network's ''Live from E!'' signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on Hollywood's biggest nights.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of physical production in a deadline-oriented news-based environment. The position is focused on making sure our productions' schedules, budgets, and workflows are aligned. The Director partners with both internal and external clients to develop production budgets/plans and then oversee the execution of the approved plans. The Director works with multiple creative personalities and will be expected to remain cool under daily deadline pressure, while managing several ongoing productions. The Director is also be responsible for guaranteeing day-to-day production operations are well-managed and on track. Position regularly reports into the VP of Production Management & Operations.
• Production Budgeting: Planning, coordination, and preparation of production budgets with Creative Executives, Talent/Casting, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance and HR. Budgets should meet creative/operational/resource expectations and financial objectives. Partner with producers to develop production plans in accordance with budget. Review & evaluate prepared and submitted budgets. Ensure weekly cost reports are generated and reviewed for accuracy before being sent to senior management. Partner with production accounting team to make sure invoices and payments are processed in a timely manner. Create, implement, and maintain consistent standards for tracking and reporting procedures and policies for all content deliverables.
• Production Management: Oversee production related activities on daily series to ensure productions are within budget parameters and consistent with creative expectations. Coordinate with Editorial, Business Affairs, Production Finance, Legal, HR and Creative Brand partners. Monitor production expenditures for accuracy, consistency and reasonableness. Stay up to date on various freelance crewing, vendors, and production technology. Perform overall production management role on all assigned projects, including assessment of production budget and schedule. Develop and manage internal timelines and workflows to guarantee timely delivery of shows.
• Risk Management, Safety & Compliance: Partner with Environmental Health & Safety to stay current on Covid safety & compliance protocols and make sure these are communicated to production teams. Oversee Covid coordinator supporting Covid testing and scheduling. Ensure production policies and procedures (HR, Legal, Finance, EHS related) are being adhered to and continually update internal production manuals. Have a familiarity with union/guild agreements and rules applicable to our productions and communicate issues to production teams. Liaise closely with Production and Legal on risk management and all practical aspects of production
• Production Administration: Ensure Agreements are signed; Payroll is set-up & completed with various payroll services. Make sure permits & insurance documents are processed and secured when needed for field productions. Review & approve weekly timecards for talent and others.
Oversee Production Coordinators and confirm they are supported and able to complete assignments & requests.
• Communication: Maintain consistent and professional communication across all clients and departments including Executive Producers, Talent, Marketing/Branded, Finance and Human Resources .
• Bachelor's degree
• Knowledge and a strong interest in studio-based productions
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be detail oriented.
• Must be proactive and a go getter, can work as a team member and autonomously at the same time
• Must have at least 10 yrs. experience within a studio/network/production environment
• Experience as a Line Producer & Production Manager required
• Willingness to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must be willing to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong knowledge of field & studio based productions in a non-scripted environment, while a News organization experience in News is not a final requirement
• Strong communication skills and a natural predisposition to working with multiple partners and personality types
• Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently, juggle multiple tasks and deliver under tight deadlines.
• Must know how to communicate effectively and positively with production team members and other departments at NBCUniversal
• Ability to be unflappable and thrives in a fast passed, quick turnaround environment
• Love of Pop Culture not required but does help in being connected within our company culture and approach to what will be discussed in our daily productions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pnoz-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.