Sr. Director, Data & Tech Management
New York, NY
NBC Universal is looking for a Product Leader to drive innovation and high-growth product for our programmatic ad offering. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative person passionate about digital media and programmatic advertising innovation. The ideal candidate cares about customers, understand the value of the experience, the impact on the business and the importance of the context surrounding advertising. This position is based in our New York office.What you'll do:
• As part of the Advertising Platforms & Operations (AP&O) team you will establish NBCU digital programmatic advertising core product offering, lead its implementation and plan its evolutions.
• You will closely collaborate with product managers, product leadership, strategy teams and sales executives to define, specify and drive the execution of NBCUniversal programmatic product plan/roadmap.
• You will lead conversation amongst key stakeholders to gather market insights and customer feedback to inform product strategy, design, roadmaps and timelines.
• You will collaboratively determine key performance indicators with the team, to consistently test and evaluate data driving progress and steadily improving the fundamental metrics.
• You will work cross-functionally to strategize, plan and build compelling ad features and ad solutions leveraging the full-strength of our multiple supply sources/platforms/technologies.
• You will think holistically about our product offering, and how the strategy fits into the larger ecosystem of distributed content and media platform industry.
• You will own your product area, prioritize work to maintain a high standard of quality.
• 5+ years of experience as a product manager, including leading product-design and product development that involve cross-functional collaboration.
• You are an expert in programmatic advertising, know your way amongst all the established DSPs, SSPs and industry newcomers.
• You have experience with ad-management platform such as GAM, Freewheel MRM and DSP/SSP setups (TTD, SFX…)
• You have a good understanding of the technical ins-and-outs and operational requirements of programmatic projects and products.
• You don't need to be an engineer, but you speak fluently the engineering language (APIs, implementation documentation, Systems…).
• You pay close attention to the latest developments in the programmatic world, the digital media space and the advertising industry in general from major social apps to new experiments and innovations.
• You are at ease when out-of-the box, are an orthogonal thinker and love finding creative solutions to unorthodox challenges.
• You are detail-oriented, organized and practical, and you know how to take the seed of an idea through launch and how to prioritize effectively to get things done.
• You're fluent with data and know how to dissect and leverage it to understand user behavior, measure product performances, identify pinch-points and inform decision making.
• You enjoy working with cross-functional teams and you're accustomed to collaborating closely with internal and external highly skilled individuals and creative partners in marketing, sales, strategy, engineering and design.
• You are an extraordinary communicator in every medium - from IM to video conferencing to in-person gatherings.
• You want to learn and grow within a nimble team that believes in smart experimentation, agility, mutual respect and having fun.
• You care about your work-environment and personify humble-confidence and dependability.
• Experience with BI tools like Looker, Mode, Micro Strategy or Tableau
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older